• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed Console

Collin

Reaction score
Ok, so here is a question I have asked a couple people and the only response is that I should ask Galen Govier....

I have a 4 speed console car. I have only seen one in person and a few online. Couple that with the T7 paint....Rare? I have no idea but I would love to find out!. Black interior with headrests too. Does anyone on the forum have a 4 spd console car? And if you have T7 please send me some pictures!! My car was originally T7 but whoever repainted it did a bad job, came out real orange like.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
Ok, so here is a question I have asked a couple people and the only response is that I should ask Galen Govier....

I have a 4 speed console car. I have only seen one in person and a few online. Couple that with the T7 paint....Rare? I have no idea but I would love to find out!. Black interior with headrests too. Does anyone on the forum have a 4 spd console car? And if you have T7 please send me some pictures!! My car was originally T7 but whoever repainted it did a bad job, came out real orange like.
Collin. Have you looked at my last post on the Runner update thread? I'm doing carpet and console. What are you looking for? :cheers:

Collin

Reaction score
Wow your console looks great!! I was curious on how many console 4 spds there were, and how many were T7.....kinda a specific question...Is this something that Galen Govier can answer?? Just wondering if I have somethin special... :cool:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
Wow your console looks great!! I was curious on how many console 4 spds there were, and how many were T7.....kinda a specific question...Is this something that Galen Govier can answer?? Just wondering if I have somethin special... :cool:
The console was kind of a mess but it went back together pretty nicely. My broadcast sheet shows a code 16 which is console and the window sticker shows C16 console. Those are the only two places other than Chrysler records that will have that info, so Galen may or may not have that most likely not. That is something that he probably wouldnt get to excited about either. I know your interested in how many were produced like yours but thats anyones guess :cheers:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Collin said:
I've seen very few console 4-speed cars, but to answer your question if you have something special.......If it's a 68 69 road runner, of course you have something special..........no matter what color or options it has........... :cool:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Collin said:
I've seen very few console 4-speed cars, but to answer your question if you have something special.......If it's a 68 69 road runner, of course you have something special..........no matter what color or options it has........... :cool:

Good answer Mr Hoosier!

Collin, given that these cars are now 40 years old they're all pretty rare no matter the color or equipment... Just count how many you see on the road during the course of your normal day... :D

:jester:
ACME

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
FWIW, the B7 Hemi Roadrunner I owned had a 4 speed with a console.

Collin

Reaction score
You guys are right, I guess I worded my question wrong. Didnt want to come off like I had something really special, just a curious question. I do love my car, and I would love it no matter what it had.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I went to a cruise tonight that featured Mopars. This show regularly draws 800+ cars a week. I didn't hear what the Mopar count was, but I would guess around 125. I saw this car and I thought Collin would be interested in what's inside.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I went to a cruise tonight that featured Mopars. This show regularly draws 800+ cars a week. I didn't hear what the Mopar count was, but I would guess around 125. I saw this car and I thought Collin would be interested in what's inside.

It's always hard to tell from a pic...but that looks more like T3...JMHO...

:jester:
ACME

Collin

Reaction score
Cool! Does look a little light for T7, but like was stated you can never tell from a pic! You will have to tell me where this cruise is! That car is just like mine except I have the black interior, mine did not come with the black stripes on the hood (Im addin them anyways)! Thanks for the pictures!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Collin said:
Cool! Does look a little light for T7, but like was stated you can never tell from a pic! You will have to tell me where this cruise is! That car is just like mine except I have the black interior, mine did not come with the black stripes on the hood (Im addin them anyways)! Thanks for the pictures!
Collin, it is T7, I checked the fender tag. The picture wasn't the best and I tried to brighten it up in my picture program, so that's why it looks like that. Judging from the cracks in the stripe, I'm guessing that it may be original paint, or an older resto. I'm still thinking about adding the hood treatment to my car also.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
did you measure his stripes Steve? :D
Dave, that was the first thing I looked at. On this car the stripe looks to be about 1/2" below the top of the body line. I got the front placement about the same as this one, but at the rear this stripe ended about 3/4" before the line at the end of the fender and before the end piece that houses the tail light. But given how much care the factory took in applying these stripes, it's close enough for me.

Back