• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed Console

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
did you measure his stripes Steve? :D
Dave, that was the first thing I looked at. On this car the stripe looks to be about 1/2" below the top of the body line. I got the front placement about the same as this one, but at the rear this stripe ended about 3/4" before the line at the end of the fender and before the end piece that houses the tail light. But given how much care the factory took in applying these stripes, it's close enough for me.
OH NO delete this before the decal cop sees it :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
did you measure his stripes Steve? :D
Dave, that was the first thing I looked at. On this car the stripe looks to be about 1/2" below the top of the body line. I got the front placement about the same as this one, but at the rear this stripe ended about 3/4" before the line at the end of the fender and before the end piece that houses the tail light. But given how much care the factory took in applying these stripes, it's close enough for me.
OH NO delete this before the decal cop sees it :lol:
HUH? :huh: :huh:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
He's talking about me......the door bird is my big pet peev..........I haven't researched any other ones...........he's safe.....Your car would look great with the hood stripes..........but please don't clear coat them........ :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
He's talking about me......the door bird is my big pet peev..........I haven't researched any other ones...........he's safe.....Your car would look great with the hood stripes..........but please don't clear coat them........ :thumbsup:
Wouldn't think of it!

A12

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:

You're sounding like someone I know and '69 Lynch Road fender tags :jester: (wink wink) what's up with the rr decal placement, just the door? I have a few survivor photos if you want to start another thread I'll post them?

MikeR

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Yeh I'm talking about you :jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
A12 said:
Hoosier Bird said:

You're sounding like someone I know and '69 Lynch Road fender tags :jester: (wink wink) what's up with the rr decal placement, just the door? I have a few survivor photos if you want to start another thread I'll post them?

MikeR
Please post them. Here is how they should be but nobody seems to get them right.........as you can see mine isn't even close...... :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:

clear coated mine and i love it , no more wax in the flat black

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:

Are you trying to pick a fight with me........... :toetap: :toetap:

Collin

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures I really appreciate it, T7 with the flat black stripes is going to look good!

jays69bird

Reaction score
Collin said:
Ok, so here is a question I have asked a couple people and the only response is that I should ask Galen Govier....

I have a 4 speed console car. I have only seen one in person and a few online. Couple that with the T7 paint....Rare? I have no idea but I would love to find out!. Black interior with headrests too. Does anyone on the forum have a 4 spd console car? And if you have T7 please send me some pictures!! My car was originally T7 but whoever repainted it did a bad job, came out real orange like.
My interior paint code is T7 and saddle & bronze interior. 0421091756a.jpg exterior color is T3

jays69bird

Reaction score
I have seen some unusual combo's over the years,my dad had a 69 Charger 383 4 speed A/C it did not have a vinyl top,B7 dark blue metallic black interior console car,all the shows I have gone too I have never seen another like it.to be honest I have only seen including mine 8 convertibles in the flesh in the last 24 yrs.To me everyone of these cars on this site is special and unique because they survived the last 40 years.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
I have seen some unusual combo's over the years,my dad had a 69 Charger 383 4 speed A/C it did not have a vinyl top,B7 dark blue metallic black interior console car,all the shows I have gone too I have never seen another like it.to be honest I have only seen including mine 8 convertibles in the flesh in the last 24 yrs.To me everyone of these cars on this site is special and unique because they survived the last 40 years.

I remember seeing a car just like yours, same color combo back in the early eighties. I don't know where he was from, but the owner used to drive it out to an Otisco lake camp that was next door to my sister's camp.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:

that's what mine
s gonna have, shiney hood stripes.....and shiney GREEN

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Help me out here guys......... :lol:

This will be way too much effort...just let them do their thing...they don't get the reasoning for having the flat black on the hood in the first place...maybe they'd also like a "chromed" hood...or a high gloss dash frame... :lol:

You've got bigger fish to fry...like checking everybody's door bird decal placement... :lol:

:jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Thanks for the sarcastic support. I'll take any kind I can get....... :lmao: :lmao:

You know Bob & I are always there for you...

...just like You & Bob are always there for me...

...and you and & I are there for Bob...

:lmao:

Back