• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Speed for a 68 hemi roadrunner

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Either Brewers performance or Passon performance might have a reconditioned one, nothing new out there.

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
Either Brewers performance or Passon performance might have a reconditioned one, nothing new out there.
Ok ....Thanks abunch Wasn't sure about being anything out there new ,but I had to ask..Thanks again ,I'll check these two options u give me and go from there ..

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I got one off E bay out of CO. For around 500.00 plus shipping. It had been gone through. But I opened it up and checked every thing it had assimilable grease every where in side. You can look around and find a pretty good deal sometimes. I think I did. :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Rusty is yours an 18 or 23 spline input? I have an extra 23 spline but the 18 was used on 440 and Hemi cars and cost considerably more

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I am good to go their Bob. Was telling the other guy how I found the one I got. Mine is the 23 spline. In put shaft is good and the out put is good no bent or deformed spines as well no ware groves on where the clutch ride's was really impressed with what I bought. The darn thing looks as if it never was used. What I was saying is that since it was put back together it never even was put into a vehicle. The story on mine is that I guess that the guy I got it from has a shop or transmission shop he said an old guy came in and wanted the 5 speed Manual put in Not the one passion build's but the other one. I guess that he got this one after he installed the 5 speed for the man. Thinking he knocked off a little money and got the one I have. Thanks Check out who was asking where to get one. Russ.

Coyote

Reaction score
I’ve put a 5gear from Passon in mine. I do have the hemi 4gear and Hurst (would need handle and knob) that came out. I reused the handle and knob. I do have an extra Hurst T handle.

Haven’t considered selling, but the figure Qbird mentioned would get it.

No issues at all! Just wanted better road touring gear ratio.:thumbsup::beep:

quikbird

Reaction score
car will have several other things as well. it will have torque boxes underneath as well as a piece welded in for the pinion snubber. leaf springs will be different number on passenger side. Bob help me out here, there are a couple other things they did to accomidate the hemi.

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
car will have several other things as well. it will have torque boxes underneath as well as a piece welded in for the pinion snubber. leaf springs will be different number on passenger side. Bob help me out here, there are a couple other things they did to accomidate the hemi.

Sammy Buchanan

Fall Back to my Youth
Reaction score
I have heard about the torques boxes but was not sure as to what they were.But the info about the different number of spring leaves was new to me..Thank You So Much !!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Skid plate on the K-frame. Frame plated at the rear near bumper, torque boxes thicker spring pack on thr right side, double plated floor above the pinion snubber

quikbird

Reaction score
One of the more recent episodes of graveyard cars has mark worm on going through a car and pointing out all the little differences in a Hemi car

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Rusty is yours an 18 or 23 spline input? I have an extra 23 spline but the 18 was used on 440 and Hemi cars and cost considerably more

The main shaft i mine has to be changed, and when the car was running the 3rd gear slip out when you let your hand on the knob :BangHead:
Didn't opened it yet but was thinking on rebuild it. I have at least to change the main shaft because it eats the speedometer gear pinion...

What are the plans for yours Bob? Would you consider to "tear it apart" or want to sell as a complete unit if you have or want to sell it?

Back