• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed question

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[

I swear that I had only consumed two beers out in the garage working on the Malibu when I posted that one...and since it was in the mid-nineties with Four Billion Percent humidity yesterday I am quite certain that I had long since sweated those two out prior to returning to the house... :D

Glad you gents enjoyed that one - we do our best to try to entertain over at Casa de Bambi...

:jester:
So, Ray, does that mean that you need to drink beer to get motivated to work on the 'Bu? :devil: Or was it just a way to beat the heat? I hope Bambi dosen't need that kind of motivation! :jester: :

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":35sm4063]Did someone say bambi? :chuck:

Put the rifle away...

:D[/quote:35sm4063]
You must be kidding.................We can only use bows and slug guns in Indiana. However, I guess after deer season, when I come down to move in with you for the winter, I could bring my rifle then............... :lol: :lol:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
[

I swear that I had only consumed two beers out in the garage working on the Malibu when I posted that one...and since it was in the mid-nineties with Four Billion Percent humidity yesterday I am quite certain that I had long since sweated those two out prior to returning to the house... :D

Glad you gents enjoyed that one - we do our best to try to entertain over at Casa de Bambi...

So, Ray, does that mean that you need to drink beer to get motivated to work on the 'Bu? :devil: Or was it just a way to beat the heat? I hope Bambi dosen't need that kind of motivation! :jester: :

Let me pipe in on Ray's behalf - its brutal down here right now. I spent the whole day out in the field because one of our surveyors was out sick today. It was 97 degrees out and humidity was high. Thankfully there was a decent breeze.
I walk my dogs at about 6:15 AM every morning and it sux when you step out of the door that early and you break out into a sweat within 1 minute. I'm not kidding, either. Florida is nice most of the year but my least favorite time of year is right now. I know, :nopity: but its very hard to get motivated to do anything when all you do is sweat buckets the moment you walk out the door. If I was a drinker it would take a lot more than cold beer to get me motivated to work on a car this time of year! :cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
[

Let me pipe in on Ray's behalf - its brutal down here right now. I spent the whole day out in the field because one of our surveyors was out sick today. It was 97 degrees out and humidity was high. Thankfully there was a decent breeze.
I walk my dogs at about 6:15 AM every morning and it sux when you step out of the door that early and you break out into a sweat within 1 minute. I'm not kidding, either. Florida is nice most of the year but my least favorite time of year is right now. I know, :nopity: but its very hard to get motivated to do anything when all you do is sweat buckets the moment you walk out the door. If I was a drinker it would take a lot more than cold beer to get me motivated to work on a car this time of year! :cheers:
I know what you mean. While we in the Northeast don't get a lot of the hot, humid days like you get down there, I also hate it when I go to work at 6 am and start sweating as soon as I walk out the door. 'Cause I know that I'm going to be out in it for the next 10 hours. And there, I couldn't drink like that even if I wanted to.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
[

John captured the current situation down here 100% accurately. I had the very same experience this morning just before 6:00 AM when I took the dogs out; opened the door and was greeted by a WALL of hot, wet air. Just horrible. I've said many times during our weather discussions that this is our bad time of the year. It just is what it is...

Steve, the beer is not the motivation, it's part of the reward when you have a big toy box out behind the house! I like to enjoy a couple brewskis when I'm out there - depending upon the task at hand. Sometimes you have to wait until the job or the day is done to crack that first one... I just can't enjoy them out there now - it's too hot and I dehydrate easily. Beer just accelerates that process. Anyway, when the weather is like this and I'm out there for any lenght of time it's just bottle after bottle of good old H2O...and then a beer or two as I close up shop... :cheers:

Bambi will require no stimulants to get motivated...you can rest assured of that... :lol:

ACME

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
John captured the current situation down here 100% accurately. I had the very same experience this morning just before 6:00 AM when I took the dogs out; opened the door and was greeted by a WALL of hot, wet air. Just horrible. I've said many times during our weather discussions that this is our bad time of the year. It just is what it is...

Steve, the beer is not the motivation, it's part of the reward when you have a big toy box out behind the house! I like to enjoy a couple brewskis when I'm out there - depending upon the task at hand. Sometimes you have to wait until the job or the day is done to crack that first one... I just can't enjoy them out there now - it's too hot and I dehydrate easily. Beer just accelerates that process. Anyway, when the weather is like this and I'm out there for any lenght of time it's just bottle after bottle of good old H2O...and then a beer or two as I close up shop... :cheers:

Bambi will require no stimulants to get motivated...you can rest assured of that... :lol:

ACME
Man, I know what you guys are going through..........I went out to my doghouse today and started tearing into my engine, trying to find out what is wrong with it and my central air conditioning out there took at least 15 minutes to get down to 72 degrees........ :lmao: sorry, I just had to brag a little. :devil:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Man, I know what you guys are going through..........I went out to my doghouse today and started tearing into my engine, trying to find out what is wrong with it and my central air conditioning out there took at least 15 minutes to get down to 72 degrees........ :lmao: sorry, I just had to brag a little. :devil:

I have Air Conditioning in my "Engine Room", my little shop within a shop. When I built the mezzanine accross the back quarter I enclosed half of it below so I'd have some escape...but it's only 16' X 16" and I can only take components OFF of the cars and drag them in there...there's no relief when everything is going back into the car...

When I built the shop five years ago I had no delusions about air conditioning the whole thing. It's too big and I have no desire to spend that kind of money on either the equipment installation or on the monthly electric bill to operate it. I just sweat all over everything during this lovely time of the year... :D

It's not heated either, Gary. But you can probably figure THAT ONE out all on your own... :devil: Tit for Tat... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have A/C in my little bird house. I set it at 86 and with a fan to move the air its pretty nice. Otherwise nothing would get done. Remember its a dry 86 :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":4qmfxt7d]

I have Air Conditioning in my "Engine Room", my little shop within a shop. When I built the mezzanine accross the back quarter I enclosed half of it below so I'd have some escape...but it's only 16' X 16" and I can only take components OFF of the cars and drag them in there...there's no relief when everything is going back into the car...

When I built the shop five years ago I had no delusions about air conditioning the whole thing. It's too big and I have no desire to spend that kind of money on either the equipment installation or on the monthly electric bill to operate it. I just sweat all over everything during this lovely time of the year... :D

It's not heated either, Gary. But you can probably figure THAT ONE out all on your own... :devil: Tit for Tat... :lol:

:jester:[/quote:4qmfxt7d]
Due to the fact that it gets and stays cold here for several months, the doghouse is very well insulated. I usually keep the air on about 80 to keep the moisture out. Because of the thick insulation the cost to cool is minimal........:D :D :D

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Geez.. I had to throw a flannel shirt on this morning at 6:00 to go to work.

We have our hot and humid days in another month or so... then it gets miserable...

Work is 68 degrees (+/- 1 degree) year round. There's nothing like walking out into 100 degree 75% humidity "wall" when you leave. The big Ford has a remote start... great for winter and its gonna be great for summer.

The neighborhood near work gets... ummm... interesting when it gets too hot to stay in their houses. If I can get the truck cooled off a little before I get in it...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I have A/C in my little bird house. I set it at 86 and with a fan to move the air its pretty nice. Otherwise nothing would get done. Remember its a dry 86 :thumbsup:
OOOHKAAAAAYYYYYY! I'm tired of hearing about this so called DRY, heat! :devil: Ray I have an idea. Let's kidnap Bob and tie him up down in The Sunshine State for some of the humid hot air that you have now. Then in January, we'll bring him up north for the real cold and the white stuff! :jester: And we'll find the place where it gets real deep!!!!! :jester: :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
OOOHKAAAAAYYYYYY! I'm tired of hearing about this so called DRY, heat! :devil: Ray I have an idea. Let's kidnap Bob and tie him up down in The Sunshine State for some of the humid hot air that you have now. Then in January, we'll bring him up north for the real cold and the white stuff! :jester: And we'll find the place where it gets real deep!!!!! :jester: :jester:

Steve, I don't think that it would work...Bob is a retired Telephone Company Guy...Didn't you ever see that episode of WKRP about the "Phone Cops"??? I think they're like Special Forces or Navy SEALs...we'd just end up pissin' him off... He'd learn nothing and we'd still have a pissed off Phone Cop on our hands... :lmao:

jays69bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
Geez.. I had to throw a flannel shirt on this morning at 6:00 to go to work.

We have our hot and humid days in another month or so... then it gets miserable...

Work is 68 degrees (+/- 1 degree) year round. There's nothing like walking out into 100 degree 75% humidity "wall" when you leave. The big Ford has a remote start... great for winter and its gonna be great for summer.

The neighborhood near work gets... ummm... interesting when it gets too hot to stay in their houses. If I can get the truck cooled off a little before I get in it...
I wish my Big Ford had remote start but alas its a standard :(

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:

Steve, I don't think that it would work...Bob is a retired Telephone Company Guy...Didn't you ever see that episode of WKRP about the "Phone Cops"??? I think they're like Special Forces or Navy SEALs...we'd just end up pissin' him off... He'd learn nothing and we'd still have a pissed off Phone Cop on our hands... :lmao:

:chuck: Keep that in mind when you mess with a phone cop :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
:chuck: Keep that in mind when you mess with a phone cop :lmao:

Bob, did you ever see that episode of WKRP? One of the funniest ones ever...JMHO... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yes, that was a great sitcom and Loni was very pleasing to the eye :thumbsup: I still chuckle when I think of the turky drop :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Yes, that was a great sitcom and Loni was very pleasing to the eye :thumbsup: I still chuckle when I think of the frozen turky drop :lol:

OH, THAT WAS A GOOD ONE TOO!!!

In the "Phone Cops" Venus & Johhny were at the remote transmitter because of a bomb threat...but the bomb was actually at the remote transmitter... :lol: Johnny wouldn't let Venus answer the phone because he was fearful of the "Phone Cops" so no one could warn them... Now that was good television... :thumbsup:

And you're right; Jennifer (Loni) didn't hurt one bit... :worship:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Herb always cracked me up, but what was the other gals name she was kinda cute also :huh: I had to edit that twice maybe one to many Coronas :cheers:

Back