• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440+6 Air Cleaner Decals

RonLiv

Reaction score
Engine, Transmission, and Rear Differential all from different cars. The engine is a 69 383 that was pulled from a 1970 Roadrunner, but based on casting date and stampings it clearly came from a 69. The original 383 is in Florida somewhere as the car left Ohio with it, spent a few years there but came back with a 440, that was blown/frozen. So this is at least the 3rd car this motor is in. The 727 torque flight came out of a 70 Coronet, and the diff is the correct 8 3/4 banjo but when pulled apart the stampings on the gears were from and A-body.
RM27H9G300867 if you happen to run into any 69 383 blocks down there in FLA.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep the next time I inspect an old car to buy going to bring a expert body man !!!!! Think the excitement of finding one close to home got the best of my better judgement. Russ. Oh I will check my motor. :lol:

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
My 69 Road Runner started out with a 383 air grabber setup and the Coyote Duster air cleaner. Now a EZ FAST EFI sets where the carb used to be and air grabber setup has been replaced with a fiberglass (hinged) hood with center scoop... so much for staying with all original. The fender plate is loaded with ID information, so it's easy to see what the car had and looked like when brand new. It was originally a Special Order car and was loaded with a whole lot of goodies. From a visual point of view, it looks pretty much like it did when new. It's Ivy Green with a single black longitudinal strip on the sides and all black interior. The only thing that is different from an outwardly view is the air grabber setup is gone and replaced with the fiberglass (scooped) hood; otherwise, it appears to be a stock Road Runner... far from it!!!

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
Hear are a few photos of Road Runner air cleaners. The black and white photo is an original photo taken in late 1969 of a 440 Six Barrel air cleaner. Most came with the liftoff fiberglass hood; however, you could get a Special Order car with the air grabber setup and the air cleaner would be just like the one in the B&W photo.

69 Roadrunner-383.jpg

440 Air Cleaner.jpg

192763_894a1b1745_low_res.JPG

1953883_53.jpg

IMAG01074.jpg

Back