• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 bbl choke

Bill Monk

Reaction score
Heat crossover is blocked and I don't want the starting problems of not having a choke. The choke that's on it is trash, if I replace the choke with a new piece, it will still open up fully, right? I realize it will take longer but as long as it opens, it's better than a manual choke.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Heat crossover is blocked and I don't want the starting problems of not having a choke. The choke that's on it is trash, if I replace the choke with a new piece, it will still open up fully, right? I realize it will take longer but as long as it opens, it's better than a manual choke.

It's the choke vacuum pull off that opens the choke. The choke thermostat in the manifold closes it. The pull off has to work.

You can probably use it, but I would set the thermostat to "lean" to make up for the lack of heat.

FWIW, I never used the choke in my A12.

Back