• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6 pack hood

John69RR

Reaction score
I have the 6bbl hood from AAR that accepts hinges. I left it as a lift offThough. It is made a little heavier due to the extra bracing. It is really not all that heavy to take off.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
John69RR said:
I have the 6bbl hood from AAR that accepts hinges. I left it as a lift offThough. It is made a little heavier due to the extra bracing. It is really not all that heavy to take off.
WELL THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT I AM DOING....THANKS

moparstuart

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
John69RR said:
WELL THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT I AM DOING....THANKS
just give me the car , then your problems solved . NO MORE HEAD ACHE

zupanj

Reaction score
I would certainly suggest using hinges. I seem to screw up with my hood all the time. Last year I had it on the roof of the car (vinyl top) and forgot it. I backed out of the garage and when I stopped the hood didn't. Scrapped the hell out of the trunk area and it cost me $500 to have a paint guy with enough patience to buff and touch it up. Last fall I had the car in the driveway and decided I was too smart to put it on the roof so I leaned the hood against a tree trunk next to the driveway. A friggin gust of wind blew the hood over but what I didn't notice right away was that one of the points of the hood hit the rear quarter and put a small dent in it. I wish I had a better system.

Back