• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69’ Road Runner Gauge Issues

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you do NOT need to use a T....look on the rear of the engine where the oil sender is.......on the opposite side you will see a pipe plug....take that out and run the line to your manual oil gauge, and you can run both, I've done that will all my big blocks.

quikbird

Reaction score
by the way. make sure the connection to the gauge is tight. makes a mess inside the car if it isn't!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
come up an put my new headers on Russ, and I'll buy the beer

Ranger

Reaction score
I don't seem to have the extra plug that Steve mentions. Here's how I set mine up for both mechanical and the factory warning lite.

EDIT:

Steve & Basketcase are correct. There IS another plug as pictured by Steve. The little bastard is tucked up so tight to the block (and camouflaged with grease that I missed when power washing it) I never saw it.

You can get the T fitting at any hardware store if you decide to go that route, but at this point it seems unnecessary.

Looks like I missed some spots with the pressure washer. hide.gif

Oil Pressure Sender.JPG

Oil Pressure Sender 2 .jpg

Last edited:

Ranger

Reaction score
Yeah I finally saw that Basketcase. See my EDIT in post #28. I almost want to redo it, but don't really see a good reason to.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It's time to repaint that motor. But I have seen worse. Oh Dave cant help rite now covered in body filler. Don't scratch the new paint. I got some harbor freight packing quilt's and they work grate.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
happy to say not much there at all, and besides helping my Pastor/painter, when the bodywork was being done I was just handing out the cash....

Reaction score
I’m wrapping up the wiring/instillation on these aftermarket gauges and tach. I’m planning on wiring in the aftermarket gauge lighting to the instrument lights on the fuse panel. As for the aftermarket tach and volt meter I was going to tie them into the AC/ACC fuse. Only problem her is the aftermarket radio is also on this fuse. Thoughts?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Why is the radio tied to the Ac fuse think it should have be powered by the plug that feed the old one. Their should be a wire to tie the light for the tack and volt meter to. Hope this is some help. Their is an diaphragm of the wiring on line. I printed me one and it is color coded for you also. Good luck my friend. :kartman: Now where dose that wire Go ??????????

Back