• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 mod top satelite

moparchris

Reaction score
I know its not a roadrunner but its cool and my wife loves it. I was out running my 68 roadrunner at La county raceway (RIP) and a guy came up to me and asked if I had any RR parts for sale. I told him I am always looking for parts but I did not have anything for sale. I ask, as I usually do, about if he knows of any mopars for sale. He tells me that he was thinking of selling his satelite because he couldnt find any RR parts to make a clone out of it. I take his info and continue beating up on my buddies new GTO. Later I get ahold of the guy and go see the Satelite and its pretty nice and I notice the codes V1Q and F2Q which is for mod top and interior. I bring it to this guys attention and he really didnt care and said that no one likes those cars. Well my wife wanted one and I happen to be looking for one! Well I bought it and paid him his money and drove it home. All in all pretty clean car needing a trunk floor and quarters. Originally a 318 car it had a good running 383 in it and I plan on keeping it that way. For now I have been poking along on it getting the replacement sheetmetal on it. So here are some pics.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...looks like Bambi's cousin with faded B5 poking out here and there through the primer... :D

:thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice score Chris :thumbsup: I talked to a guy at The Nats a few years ago with the Blue one that was in MCG. sweet car.

droptop

Reaction score
PM me if you want to get rid of the slots. A friend wants a set of them for his dad's '69 RR.

moparchris

Reaction score
So here is some progress pics. I was working on it regularly and then my ADD kicked in and i went off and worked on something else? Go figure. :chuck:

moparchris

Reaction score
Trunk floor had some scale and was mutilated from a previous accident. I tried to put a 2 piece floor in from year one and it didnt fit, it might as well had been made for a school bus , it was rediculous. I dont know how these people sell parts like this and actually try to pass them off as "reproduction." So I called and ordered a trunk floor, extensions, outer wheelhouses (someone Compton tubbed them), and full quarters from AMD. So far I have the trunk floor in and it fit like a glove! Expensive but worth it, the AMD outer wheel houses are thinner by an inch! I now know why I see those cars where the quarter sticks out behind the wheel opening.

moparchris

Reaction score
I then took the car over to Western Metal Blasting to strip the inner portion of the frame rails. They cleaned up nice considering that they were bright orange from rust.

Back