• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 mod top satelite

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice work :thumbsup: ...what time do you want my car there......... :beep:

moparchris

Reaction score
:chuck: Any time basketcase! Just make sure it runs so I can cruise it! :lmao: Its been a few weeks since I have been down at the shop and I am itchin to get back to it!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just hang the new skins, and a fresh coat of F8, and you can cruise all you want!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I've always liked those Mod Top cars, especially the blue/green floral pattern on the '69 Satellite! Basketcase commented on the one that was in MCG. That was a really nice example. Moparchris, you have a cool car there!

moparchris

Reaction score
Just to piss off hemigeorge (and question his heteorosexualism) its time for an update on the mod top :banana:

moparchris

Reaction score
As you can see both quarters and outer wheel houses are off as well as the roof skin. The wheel houses are a b&tch. They had a continuous weld all the way around the circumfrence. :brickwall:

moparchris

Reaction score
I did spot some fresh b5 in the windshield channel. :drool: As well as some rust :brickwall:

moparchris

Reaction score
Some more, next time I will begin the mock up of the replacement panels. Please excuse me while I drill out another 2 million spot welds. Did I mention that I am the worlds foremost expert on spot weld cutters?

moparchris

Reaction score
The roof was rusted beyond repair and the bondo on the quarters was a half inch thick in some places. As you can see this thing was butchered by some hack. Bummer.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're gonna earn your stripes on this one Chris.

Is someone repopping the roof skins?

I like how you trimmed the quarter around the wheel lip and even left the molding in place. Tricky. :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Great work, don't worry about George, he's got 1 foot out of the closet and doesn't want annyone to know......... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Great work, don't worry about George, he's got 1 foot out of the closet and doesn't want annyone to know......... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Gary you just implied George is :gay: Then the fight started. :rimshot:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh Boy; this will get good now. Probably cross over on several different threads too if I had to guess. I may have to cancel my plans to trim the Christmas Tree with the kids today just to watch this unfold... :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That is quite a project you have the Chris. I look forward to see the progress reports. And thanks for posting again. I had forgot about it and with all this other stuff going on in the other thread, it is more then appropriate! :thumbsup:

V269

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Just to piss off hemigeorge (and question his heteorosexualism) its time for an update on the mod top :banana:
These pics bring back alot of memories of the same thing I did. Been there done ALL that with my car the last 2 years. Finished it in June 09. Good luck and have fun with it. Don't rush it and do not get frustrated. It will be cool when it is done. :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":1y26msmr]Great work, don't worry about George, he's got 1 foot out of the closet and doesn't want annyone to know......... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh Boy; this will get good now. Probably cross over on several different threads too if I had to guess. I may have to cancel my plans to trim the Christmas Tree with the kids today just to watch this unfold... :lol:

:jester:[/quote:1y26msmr]
you gotta be kiddin :bs: :bs: :bs:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
you gotta be kiddin :bs: :bs: :bs:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know I was... :lol:

We all like to see the pot stirred once in a while...just for laughs...and I am quite certain that I can speak for most, if not all of the forum regulars, on that subject... :D

Back