• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner door emblem location

6R9Runner

Reaction score
Hi- new to the forum here. My ride is a 69 Roadrunner, 383 4 spd. The doors were replaced with those from a Satellite hence the emblem holes are not present. I just bought stick-on emblems and the proper decal for the door. Would anyone with a 69 be kind enough to measure the location of the emblem? The bottom left corner of the "road", from the front edge of the door and from the upper style line of the door. Any help is appreciated. I have calculated it within a 1/4" from pictures but no one near me has a car for reference. Even a picture showing the front and upper door edges would be greatly appreciated!

Jim S.

Reaction score
Probably be best to find someone with a door and measure the mounting holes. Anyway here is the best I can do. Sorry about the kindergarten drawing, my left hand is busted up right now and I can't seem to write that good. In any case, wait until you get a couple more guys to measure to be sure before you put a drill to it. Also here is a decal guide I received from McMopar who is a member here (just giving credit where it is due). Also be aware that any decal placement MUST be approved by the colonel (Gary) first. I also measured from the bottom of the "r" in "runner" on the passenger side. Anyway like I said, get a couple more measurements for a Consensus. :thumbsup: Just noticed you said "stick on" emblems, not the end of the world then if they are a little off but, I know you want them to be right.

droptop

Reaction score
Welcome from Southern Indiana. Please go to the introductions and tell us a little bit about you, and your car. Mac is correct, the ref. pages are great.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
This thread brought a tear to my eye........I have instilled this in everyone's head.......... :lmao:

Wait 'til someone starts a thread on restoring their rear license plate bracket...you'll be blubbering... :lol:

And then we wonder why Bob is so leery of us... :D

:jester:

6R9Runner

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:
This thread brought a tear to my eye........I have instilled this in everyone's head.......... :lmao:
welcome , wait until you ask about the decal location :basketcase:

No sweat, I can take it. If I goof up the measurements now there's only mac's Avatar to blame (makes it hard to concentrate). Too bad Jim posted the decal info so I missed my chance to ask... but I'm a quick learner. I'll get familiar with your reference section. THANKS!

moparstuart

Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:

No sweat, I can take it. If I goof up the measurements now there's only mac's Avatar to blame (makes it hard to concentrate). Too bad Jim posted the decal info so I missed my chance to ask... but I'm a quick learner. I'll get familiar with your reference section. THANKS!
you are going to fit right in here , I can tell already :thumbsup: :banana: :basketcase:

droptop

Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
I'm good now- thanks for asking. All the info is within +/- 1/16".

I am sure that is closer than what was "correct" at the factory in '69. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

6R9Runner

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
you are going to fit right in here , I can tell already :thumbsup: :banana: :basketcase:

Ok now you're scaring me, cause i never seem to fit in anywhere else!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:

That avitar is quite a distraction, isn't it????

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
welcome , wait until you ask about the decal location :basketcase:[/quote]

No sweat, I can take it. If I goof up the measurements now there's only mac's Avatar to blame (makes it hard to concentrate). Too bad Jim posted the decal info so I missed my chance to ask... but I'm a quick learner. I'll get familiar with your reference section. THANKS![/quote]

That avitar is quite a distraction, isn't it????[/quote]
we all like that avatar :thumbsup:

Back