• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 runner, Honestly whats a fair price

dbc105

Reaction score
just to give you a little baseline, I gave $5250 for a running/driving '68 Satellite non-post car with a numbers matching 383, 727, PS, PB and air. There air is out of freon but the compressor is not locked up so it may still work. a few patches in the truck would fix it but I am going to put pans in it. I drove it back and forth to work for 6 months before I pulled it into the garage. I am working my way through to build a nice daily driver.

DC

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
n 2007 l gave $9000 for mlne.
new lnterior
rebuilt #s 383 4 speed post car
POs repalnt needlng 1/4s
good frame floors have a couple small lssues
complete runnlng car
when l was searchlng for one after the flre l saw cars twlce as much as mlne ln alot worse shap.

spoolinhard

Reaction score
The cowl is cut out and it was ugly. Looks like the new cowl will be a nice fit

4spd69RR

Reaction score
I have to agree with Roadcuda, the people in your area may not want to jump into a full restore. You might want to target a larger area base. If you decide to drop the price don't go below $3500.00

spoolinhard

Reaction score
I have more than 3,500 in it. The cowl is cut out, the floors are also cut out, going with full floors front and back. Most of the prep work is done. My welder is in for repairs, once I get it back Im going to have a solid bird.

dobie

Reaction score
I just saw this thread. It looks like a good project for sure, and I'd say the price is fair. With my recent experience though, I'd say $5k is too little for the body work. I couldnt afford anything but a project when I bought mine back in 2006. Looking back though, I'll have much more than the cost in an already restored one by the time mine is done. I'll never buy another project car unless the price is $3k or less.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
While I admire you guys who are willing to take on a car that needs a full restoration, it's the stories of the problems the guys here are having are why I prefer to buy my cars turn key ready. I'd rather let someone else have the headaches of doing the restoration. In the end I know I'll pay more up front, but not as much as doing the restoration myself!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
While I admire you guys who are willing to take on a car that needs a full restoration, it's the stories of the problems the guys here are having are why I prefer to buy my cars turn key ready. I'd rather let someone else have the headaches of doing the restoration. In the end I know I'll pay more up front, but not as much as doing the restoration myself!

Ah, ya weenie... :basketcase:

:lol: :acme: :lol:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

Ah, ya weenie... :basketcase:

:lol: :acme: :lol:

:jester:
:blah: :blah: :blah:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I must say I had fun with this car. But...it didn't cost me anything to get it, and it already had new skins on it. plus I had a know good 440 and 4 speed set up out of my Charger. 5 years of horse trading and hunting I got it pretty close to done. But if I had to pay a few thousand for one in like condition, there's no way. Mine needs the body and paint, but it had all new interior, and was turn key the day I bought it. But that night in '07 took a lot out of me as far as doing a major project.

davesroadrunner.jpg

spoolinhard

Reaction score
Im pretty burnt on full restos. I have my T/A to finish, Im not looking at doing this car. It made me sad taking the pictures and listing it though. Well, it hasnt sold yet......

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
after messing with old cars for over 30 years, I definatly could handle a done car. But at the same time I don't have the same.....conection I guess with this car like I did the last one just because I haven't had to do much to it. But at the same time I'm ready to wash and wax instead of tear down and put it back to gether.

spoolinhard

Reaction score
I am getting there, not quite there yet. Im 27, still have a little bit of energy, however I am seeing the drawbacks firsthand to project cars.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the thing about a project car is it competes with family,work,bills, and more bills(unless you're a Rich Saudi Oil Baron or mulitiple Mustang Owner :acme: :acme: ). I work 21 turn, three shifts,7 days a week then two off, one weekend off amonth. Lot of people tear into a car, then time and money get scarce, and the interest dies. On the good side, you'll learn how to do the work, and when the car breaks, you can usually fix it. another is when you get the thumbs up (and even a primered project gets them) it's your back tht gets the pat.

Back