• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Road Runner, GTX, Satellite, Belvedere - Car Show thread

earlyrides

Reaction score
We gave this one away last year

Earlier this year, over the summer on Labor day, we gave away this awesome 383, 4-speed, factory A/C car to benefit charity.
The lucky guy in Utah who won it bought his winning ticket at the Mopars at the Strip show where we were the official charity car for the event.

Early-Rides-April 2013Issue_Page_1.jpg

rr stripe left.jpg

tallhair

Reaction score
I can't believe there aren't more 70 Road Runners owned by you guys. C'mon post 'em if you got them

tallhair

Reaction score
A depiction of what my car will hopefully look like one day

View attachment 4810

I have seriously thought of just buying this car and have not given up on thinking about it either. Mentioned it to the wifey today, but I doubt it will happen, I still can't eliminate the possibility yet even though it's almost a twin of how my old RR is optioned on fender tag and having too of the same car would be kinda dumb considering how many cool combinations and possibilities were available and out there now.

Would one of you please buy it so the temptation is gone?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I can't believe there aren't more 70 Road Runners owned by you guys. C'mon post 'em if you got them

This place was originally based on 69RR only for a long time, so not many 70 owners jumped in here.

moparmonk

Reaction score
70 car show thread

Heres a 70 for you. Sadly my Bird Convertible is the F-8 car behind it. The 70 convertible is a 318 car with not much exciting but power top. Did b-bodys get manual tops?

70 satellite convertible.jpg

tallhair

Reaction score
All the 68-70 B bodies had power tops standard. BTW I started a convert thread too. You are more than welcome to post some more photos over there and here since you it both categories LOL

OK sport, it's been two days...let's see it.......

Right you are. I didn't find the memory card but found hard copy photo's I'll post up today

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
now that look like a great project! I want another Pistol Grip so bad i can taste it!

4spd69RR

Reaction score
We picked up the running driving (although with a crashed front grille) car for $500.00 and then sold the 360/727 engine/trans for $750.00.
We are planning to build a "resto-mod" Superbird clone out of this one.
It has already got a disc brake conversion and very solid floors and frame rails along with a 3.55 geared 8 3/4 rear and a pretty clean interior.
It is going to need a trunk floor and some work on the lower rear quarters. (Don't they all?)
I have the 70 Coronet hood and fenders already ($1500)
The wife says once I get her 69 Charger done I can start on the Dirt-Bird.
HMMMN? What engine do I want to run?
Maybe a Cummins and a 6-speed just to mess with people's minds....

You could always place a Mazda rotary engine in it,...Kidding:rules: just put a nice refreshed 440 in it.

modernistsouth

Reaction score
I may have already shown this somewhere on the site. I can't remember. The last pic at the beginning of the thread was right after I trailered it with my brother's. I've got the front end mostly sorted out, and now I'm crossing my fingers I'll have the cash this summer to have the engine pulled and rebuilt. My dad swears it was rebuilt just before it was parked in 79 (whatever that's good for).
Roadrunner_10.jpg

Roadrunner_10.jpg

Back