• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little low and to the left?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You have your lower shock mounts swapped side to side and they are off 90 degrees. Shock mounting bolt goes to the REAR.
That is what happens when your in a hurry. Found that out when tried to install the shock's. Thanks they are corrected now for sure. Appreciate the head's up ACME A12.

woodwiz

Reaction score
You made me run out to the garage and peek underneath at the rear shock mounts and they both face rearward.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ha Ha made you look!!!!. Oh what we do when we have done so much. Some thing so simple but not when your in a hurry. It is like what an older guy told me along time ago if you don't do any thing you will never do any thing wrong. Less we learn from our mistakes. :beep:

Danomt

Reaction score
In a hurry?? Isn't this a long term job,, whats the hurry now?
Ha Ha made you look!!!!. Oh what we do when we have done so much. Some thing so simple but not when your in a hurry. It is like what an older guy told me along time ago if you don't do any thing you will never do any thing wrong. Less we learn from our mistakes. :beep:

woodwiz

Reaction score
No hurry on my 70 RR!! Been waiting 45 yrs to climb back in this seat and i'm going to enjoy every damn minute!!
Hey Danomt!,Bought the first 70RR in 1975 at the ripe age of 19 in Great Falls,MT. Loved it then,even more now. Sag to the left or not. Funny how it was easier to crawl under it at 19 than 64. My brain is there,but the body ain't.

woodwiz

Reaction score
MoparJack, Took your advise and got under it on the left side where the rear end sags and adjusted the left side torsion bar bolt up and checked the front fender to ground measurement on both sides and funny thing is they are both pretty spot on. The distance between the left & right side bump stops is equal as well. Funny I have made no changes to the right adjuster.
I go back and take a look at the ass of the car and the left cheek looks like the right....nice!!
Thanks!!!

woodwiz

Reaction score
Had a brain fart...sorry here’s a pic of the lower arm bumpers,real close. So I feel good about that.

B349D3BB-11A8-438F-9197-FFACAB8AC018.jpeg

3BC19ED2-A452-42D5-AE11-BF0CE8BD6CDB.jpeg

woodwiz

Reaction score
I still have the noticeable lean to the drivers side when looking at the back end of the car. It is sitting on level ground and has had a fresh set of HD leafs put in 6drivers side 7psgr side and the front torsion bar adjusters are not at equal lengths but the measurements from ground to center front fender lip are equal.Could it be that somewhere in its life the frame got tweaked...not sure i would know what to look for.

MoparDan

Reaction score

woodwiz

Reaction score
Got all the new front suspension parts in and all is good! Can’t remember if the steering arm from the box has a rubber boot seal for lube at the crossover arm or not, anyway noticed it does not at the moment…doesn’t look right. should I drop that section and install or does it not need it?
Thanks!

woodwiz

Reaction score
The pitman arm seems to be missing a dust/grease boot and I’m sure the existing arm never had it or the shop pickle forked it out and there was no replacement. Anyway can the alignment get set while compensating with the front torsion bar adjustment screws so the left side doesn’t look low and left? Thanks!

Back