• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little WARM!!

woodwiz

Reaction score
I guess that 180-200 here in the desert in traffic/stop& go with a 50yr old radiator is as good as it gets till the change over. If cost gets to be an obsession I may just go with a factory replacement 22” copper/brass.

MoparDan

Reaction score
i just went thru this check if there is junk in the top of the rad tubes lower the fluid level and see if you see rust flakes in the top of the tube. so i spent 900 on a griffin as the champion did not cool as much as i wanted. i installed a coolant filter and the stuff i cought with the filter well it saved the rad from pluging the tubs. my car runs 210 in stop and go traffic with the a/c on in Florida 100 temp day driving down the road 185 im so happy with the griffin rad i would buy it again.
I have a freind in our local car club. He has a 70 Chevelle SS 454 and he is running the 4 core Champion and has had no problems with it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I guess that 180-200 here in the desert in traffic/stop& go with a 50yr old radiator is as good as it gets till the change over. If cost gets to be an obsession I may just go with a factory replacement 22” copper/brass.
That's well within operating range. You get to cool and moisture in the crankcase will not vaporize to where the PCV will pull it out and you pollute the oil quicker

Back