• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A12 - MikeR just saying hey.

A12

Reaction score
A12 (aka MikeR) just saying "Hey" :wave: . If you need a photo of something just ask I might know where to find one :rolleyes: :jester:

MikeR

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Alright now, don't leave us hanging...cough up some info on you and your ride... :D

:jester:
ACME

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Welcome Mike! Let's see some pics!

A12

Reaction score
Hi John and everyone! John you know it's still a "work in progress" for my '69 A12 road runner. I've spent the last few years restoring the '68 rr (RM23, 383, FF1 mist green,) but have everything but the time to finish the A12 rr. John, you replied to an inquiry I made on the Mopar club website you belonged to back in the late '90's when I was trying to find the Syracuse, NY dealer that may have sold this A12 to the first owner in Baldwinsville, NY and you replied and told me about your Q5 A12 rr, an unusual color BTW, and pointed out that there were a few other "unusual" color A12's in your area. My A12 is Y4 Spanish Gold Metallic with a black vinyl roof, black bench interior and column auto. It was given to a kid in Youngstown, Ohio back in March of '71 as a graduation present and purchased from a used car dealer (and I swear this is true as I still have a copy of the title from Gary Thomas gtsuperbee on the A12 Regisrty) ACME MOTORS :lmao: The kid owned the rr from '71 until the early '90's when Gary T bought it, sold it to a guy in Columbus, Ohio who sold it to me, all within a year. The car beside the Y4 gold color has power brakes, power steering, 8-track, a clock, belt line trim, the antenna was moved to the rear fender and somewhere along the line maybe before the ACME MOTOR sale it got GTX trim, which Gary and I don't know if the first owner, original dealer or who put the GTX trim on because the '71 photo already had it???

Some more info on me is I ordered my first car back in the spring of 1969 and that was a '69 RM23, 383, F5, Torqueflite, 3.91 Suregrip, Air Grabber, power steering, black interior, bucket seats, console, black hood stripes, A01 light package and owned it until the very late '70's and was my daily driver for most of that time. When I got the A12 rr I also found a '69 Y2 Sunfire Yellow road runner with a black bucket seat interior 4-speed console car with a matching #'s engine and trans in 2000 but had to sell it a few months ago.

Here's the odd A12 rr with the GTX trim, check out those "back in the day" SLOTS

A12

Reaction score
Here's my first road runner, (photo was taken back in the summer of '69)

A12

Reaction score
ACME MOTORS; :beep: where else would you buy a road runner if you couldn't catch one :beep: :lmao:

(it must have been Wiley that misspelled raoad runner :lol: )

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yep, I remember talking to you about that car.

You never know about the trim. There was an A12 Superbee (with power windows!) sold at a local dealer (Sam Dell) that had 14" Magnum wheels added to brighten it up a little after it sat on the lot a little too long. Dealers did a lot of stuff to move the iron.

A friend's father looked at a gold 70 Corvette and told the dealer that if it was blue he would buy it. He got a call a week later and was told the car was now blue. The dealer's body shop painted the car. Adding a little trim would be pretty easy to do.... especially to a bare bones looking car or at a customer's request.

moparstuart

Reaction score
A12 said:
Hi John and everyone! John you know it's still a "work in progress" for my '69 A12 road runner. I've spent the last few years restoring the '68 rr (RM23, 383, FF1 mist green,) but have everything but the time to finish the A12 rr. John, you replied to an inquiry I made on the Mopar club website you belonged to back in the late '90's when I was trying to find the Syracuse, NY dealer that may have sold this A12 to the first owner in Baldwinsville, NY and you replied and told me about your Q5 A12 rr, an unusual color BTW, and pointed out that there were a few other "unusual" color A12's in your area. My A12 is Y4 Spanish Gold Metallic with a black vinyl roof, black bench interior and column auto. It was given to a kid in Youngstown, Ohio back in March of '71 as a graduation present and purchased from a used car dealer (and I swear this is true as I still have a copy of the title from Gary Thomas gtsuperbee on the A12 Regisrty) ACME MOTORS :lmao: The kid owned the rr from '72 until the early '90's when Gary T bought it, sold it to a guy in Columbus, Ohio who sold it to me, all within a year. The car beside the Y4 gold color has power brakes, power steering, 8-track, a clock, belt line trim, the antenna was moved to the rear fender and somewhere along the line maybe before the ACME MOTOR sale it got GTX trim, which Gary and I don't know if the first owner, original dealer or who put the GTX trim on because the '71 photo already had it???

Some more info on me is I ordered my first car back in the spring of 1969 and that was a '69 RM23, 383, F5, Torqueflite, 3.91 Suregrip, Air Grabber, power steering, black interior, bucket seats, console, black hood stripes, A01 light package and owned it until the very late '70's and was my daily driver for most of that time. When I got the A12 rr I also found a '69 Y2 Sunfire Yellow road runner with a black bucket seat interior 4-speed console car with a matching #'s engine and trans in 2000 but had to sell it a few months ago.

Here's the odd A12 rr with the GTX trim, check out those "back in the day" SLOTS
very cool car welcome and thanks for posting

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome Mike! neat story. I've seen that pic of the gold car before, probably on the 'parts.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A12 said:
My A12 is Y4 Spanish Gold Metallic with a black vinyl roof, black bench interior and column auto.

You and Big both have pretty rare A12 color/body style/tranny combos - as in the only known Q5 RM23 D32 and only known Y4 RM21 D32. Pretty cool stuff... :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

A12

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

Here's my current "driver" '68 road runner in FF1......not a '69 but still a rr :cheers:

MikeR

Back