• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A4 69 project

Moparnut

Reaction score
440Kilmartin said:
so the real question is why did the fiberglass hood go into the dumpster

I had a lift off hood on my '68 for a long time and it was kind of a pain in the ass, and this car is an air grabber car.

V269

Reaction score
Moparnut said:
440Kilmartin said:

I had a lift off hood on my '68 for a long time and it was kind of a pain in the ass, and this car is an air grabber car.

Yup you are right about that. I too used to have a lift off hood for quite a few year's and it got really old. On, off, on, off. Pain in the ass. :yesnod:
Hope I don't get ripped for this. :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
V269 said:
Moparnut said:
440Kilmartin said:

Yup you are right about that. I too used to have a lift off hood for quite a few year's and it got really old. On, off, on, off. Pain in the ass. :yesnod:
Hope I don't get ripped for this. :D
Not from me you won't. I had one and if I did it again it would be hinged for sure. :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lf l ever get one lt wlll be hlnged. not like lt's one of those hlgh flutt'n A12s that GG drools over..... :acme: :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
lf l ever get one lt wlll be hlnged. not like lt's one of those hlgh flutt'n A12s that GG drools over..... :acme: :jester:

What does GG have to do with this and since when is an A12 highfalutin...??? :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (P.P. acknowledged)

So I guess you don't really need one of my hoods after all...??? :basketcase:

You guys have heard it from me on many ocassions that the LOH is a PITA...I'm just not putting hood hinges on an A12...

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

What does GG have to do with this and since when is an A12 highfalutin...??? :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: (P.P. acknowledged)

You guys have heard it from me on many ocassions that the LOH is a PITA...I'm just not putting hood hinges on an A12...

I wouldn't expect you to, A12s come with passengers to help with the hood :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

I wouldn't expect you to, A12s come with passengers to help with the hood :jester:
he keeps his passengers in the trunk

moparchris

Reaction score
You guys are either old or are pu%%ies (P.P. for George :lol: ) I have lived with a lift off hood in one form or another and its no problem. :pot: Its like George complaining about his clutch pedal is too hard to push. :chuck:

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
You guys are either old or are pu%%ies (P.P. for George :lol: ) I have lived with a lift off hood in one form or another and its no problem. :pot: Its like George complaining about his clutch pedal is too hard to push. :chuck:
:basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase: :basketcase: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Moparnut said:
I still have the lift off hood from my 68...if anyone wants it, come and get it!

lf you're serlous slr let me know! :drool:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Moparnut said:
I still have the lift off hood from my 68...if anyone wants it, come and get it!

lf you're serlous slr let me know! :drool:
My goodness you get polite when your after something :jester: give it to Ray to deliver and you will never see it :basketcase:

steve.f

Reaction score
is it true the a4 color is a fairly rare find. i have a 69 satellite 383 car with the full trim package,a4 with black vinyl top.
Thanks Steve,

Moparnut

Reaction score
It's been quite a while since I've posted-sorry guys. Here's a brief update- I finished all the metal work, and had the car blasted on a rotisserie. It is at the paint shop now; the underside, passenger compartment and trunk compartment are painted. The car was assembled, blocked many times, and is now disassembled and ready to be painted. I'm hoping to have it back in a few weeks. Here's a few pics in the mean time...601846_277820869029732_1463987675_n.jpgIMG_20130629_075749_051.jpgIMG_20130629_075749_051.jpgIMG_20130722_094725_085.jpg

601846_277820869029732_1463987675_n.jpg

IMG_20130629_075749_051.jpg

IMG_20130722_094725_085.jpg

Back