• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice wanted

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hell, have the Big Kahuna make you some 273 badges to fit on there and really leave 'em going :huh:

:basketcase:

Steve

Reaction score
I know what you're saying about leaving the 383s on but the general public don't have a clue what it is or means.People all the time ask what the 383 means and I have to explain that it's cubic inches,knowing that the next question is "whats that in CCs"
Just want the 440s for pissing match(see I'm learning) purposes at US car events over here :D

Collin

Reaction score
I originally had a 65 383 block with 516 closed chambered heads in my car. Traded it up for a 69 HP 383 and you guys know what I did. Diamond pistons (forged) were big bucks, hydraulic roller cam, new rocker arm shafts, file fit rings, forged crank, extensive port work to 906 heads, totally blueprinted etc etc. I am running a four speed with the 3.91 gears too so that helps. I was told if I really wanted to wake up the motor to go aluminum intake and aftermarket carb. I was worried about the air grabber fitting with these, and I really realllly love the fact that when you look at my engine it looks bone stock!! It was a lot of money, but it will be a lot of fun suprising people with my 383.

Steve

Reaction score
Got the car back yesterday.Cost a shedload of $$$$ but well worth the wait.Poor weather here at the moment so having to resist taking it out.The builder had a quick blast outside my house and the car started going up the street sideways.Looked awesome but I'm gonna wait for dryer weather before I take it out.Here's some pics as promised.
028.jpg
029-1.jpg
005.jpg
023.jpg

028.jpg

029-1.jpg

005.jpg

023.jpg

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
wow Steve.....she looks awesome....you have a mighty fine roadrunner there :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AND WE LOVE THAT COLOR TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zupanj

Reaction score
I'd say you made the right decision since you didn't go the hemi route. Beautiful color and beautiful car. :beep:

mcmopar

Reaction score
That's a sweet looking car and the builder did a great job with the appearance of the engine. If it runs as good as it looks you are going to smiling from ear to ear all the time! :drool:

Back