• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

after market gas gauge

dmartin

Reaction score
what are you guys opinion about a after market gauge under dash the equis brand at oreallies

Ranger

Reaction score
I don't mind (and have) a gauge cluster under the dash (water temp, oil pressure & volts), but I prefer a factory fuel gauge. Personal preference I guess.

quikbird

Reaction score
I have set of equise gauges but haven't had the car running long enough to give you a good feedback yet

dmartin

Reaction score
I have set of equise gauges but haven't had the car running long enough to give you a good feedback yet

How did you hook your equise gas gauge up cause you have a positive, negative, and one goes to fuse box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quikbird

Reaction score
I don't remember how it is hooked up. I will check and get an answer back to you. I have a new wiring harness and I know there is a hookup for the lights, the sender, and am not sure after that. as I said I will look for you.

quikbird

Reaction score
Mac, thank you for finding that before I could get back into my shop and locate them.
dmartin, there you go, just need a ground, the sender wire, and a switched power wire that comes on when the key is on. the light for the gauge should be tied into the instrument lights and is a separate connection

dmartin

Reaction score
I hooked up the ground to the chassis, positive to the sending unit, and the other to the fuse and still nothing

mac

What ?
Reaction score
I hooked up the ground to the chassis, positive to the sending unit, and the other to the fuse and still nothing

looking at the diagram from the link i provided it goes negative to chassis ground, positive to the fuse, and the "s" terminal to the sending unit. it sounds like you are mixing up the positive connection and the sending unit connection the way you worded it.

dmartin

Reaction score
No I'm sorry I hooked it up the way the diagram said and it still doesn't work

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i think your next move is to get out a multi meter and trace the wires involved to make sure they are going where they are supposed to go. how are you getting the wire from the sending unit to the new gauge?

dmartin

Reaction score
I'm running a new wire to test it but I'm going to use the factory wire if it works

dmartin

Reaction score
I have new gas gauge from year one and a new sending unit but something is not jiving

dmartin

Reaction score
None of my dash lights or the signal indicators work and have a new circuit board it's blowing my mind

mac

What ?
Reaction score
it sounds as if there is no ground for the circuit board on the back of gauges. all those lights and voltage limiter share that ground. you will have to get a multi-meter in there to confirm ground and power. ground is made by the screws holding the circuit board across the top.

Back