• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

after market gas gauge

dmartin

Reaction score
You think that may have something to do with the gas gauge not working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quikbird

Reaction score
first check that the 12 volt switched power line actually has power when you turn on key, check the ground at the gauge, make sure it is a good clean ground, then check continuity on sender wire. if not good, replace wire, check ground at tank, also needs to be good clean ground. if you are getting a signal from the sender wire back to gauge and nothing works, and have checked the rest, probably a bad gauge. it is possible to kill one right off the bat if your connections are wrong.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
You think that may have something to do with the gas gauge not working

that ground not being there is the common thing to all of the items you say are not working in the original gauge cluster. what is frustrating me is that with all this advice we are giving is that it seems you are not doing your part of actually testing the circuits in your car. there is no magic fix, just testing things one at a time.

dmartin

Reaction score
Thanks I'll try that

quikbird

Reaction score
Just got my car running and my Equis gas gauge reads 3/4 full when tank is full even with supposedly comparable sender unit. Just thought I'd toss that out as I promised a review to someone, I think you. Good luck finding the problem

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Mr Tack online can fix you instrument cluster and their are other's that do this same kind of work. Well Just a thought for you. Don't mind the under dash for temp oil and tack but like fuel gauge in orgnial cluster. Well keep on Running that bird down the road. See Ya. Beep.

Back