• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Cleaner

inri

Reaction score
383 that just a chevy motor

Either you don't know or you don't care; but there's a big difference between the two 383's.

For starters, one is the Real Deal, while the other is a reflection of...:lock:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
oh he know quite well. Stuie is just stiring the pot.:chill:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Well Chevy combine parts from the small block 350's and 400's to create a stroker 382.67, rounded to 383. Next thing Ford will be trying to combine the 302 with a 351 to make their own 383 stroker small block. What is the world coming too, if that happens dogs and cats will start living together and will want Obamacare! Craziness, I tell ya, pure craziness.

Last edited:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Just received the new air cleaner, it's installed!! Now I am going to re-located my coil to the right side of the carb.

100_0449.jpg

100_0450.jpg

100_0456.jpg

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Just received the new air cleaner, it's installed!! Now I am going to re-located my coil to the right side of the carb.

Looks good. Wondering how long you have had the chrome T-stat housing on the car or is it aluminum. The chrome ones tend to leak after awhile.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah mine had a chrome t sta that was leaking when I got the car.
the air cleaner ooks great

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Looks good. Wondering how long you have had the chrome T-stat housing on the car or is it aluminum. The chrome ones tend to leak after awhile.

Thanks for the heads up, it is chrome. I do have an older cast housing, it was in real bad shape with a lot of pitting. Did not want to use it because I was afraid I would not be able to get it to seal. I'll keep and eye on the one I have installed.

Back