• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

air grabber

69B5

Reaction score
Thanks Ray
I checked the overall height from the bottom of the pan to the top of the ram charger as best as I could and the entire unit is about 8 1/4"
I'll check my rr in the morning for fit but I don't think I have the room

69B5

Reaction score
That looks real nice ricks_RR but you don't have the air intakes that fasten to the under side of the hood.
They take up a good 3" and that's what squeezes me out

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
if the hood is the original to the car then all the hood will take the airgrabber set up .just watch out make sure there is not a spacer block under the carb that will put it up to high and not work

X2 on the spacer. I had one on there before the engine build and the guy at the shop asked if I wanted to reuse it. When I told him I was looking to put the air grabber on and to leave it off for clearance, he agreed. He's the old school Mopar guru around here.

69B5

Reaction score
I imagine if I remove the spacer blocks I'll have to replace or alter the linkage
The car is running great so I hate to change any thing.
I'm also from the old school, "If it's not broken, don't fix it" LOL

ricks_RR

Reaction score
steel base and lid I am hoping I have the right one for the year that fits for the airgrabber set up .I was told it came of a 69 road runner by the owner but he had it in his cellar for years and in his voice it sounded like he may not be sure .for a $100.00 dollars I did not care it looks good on my car .but now I am at the next stage to put the airgrabber on the car .

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
For $100, it's worth the shot. Even if it doesn't fit... for that price, you can do a little fab work to get it to fit.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
I am old school to but I do want the air grabber set up to look and fit right .I think people will really see how the air grabber set up looks and how it works due to being a white car the black will take your eyes off the all white under part of the hood

snook

Reaction score
Thanks, I need a new base for mine and it's a good thing it's metal but you never know these days, had to ask.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
I am just waiting for spring so I can start working on the road runner right now the imperial is in the way or should I say the titanic :crazy:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Here's the one I ordered...... Air cleaner to go atop the freshly rebuilt engine. I was able to get the air bubbles out with a heat gun and plastic bondo paddle. I went with the K&N filter as my RR is going to get the classic air A/C once I get her back, so it's not all original anyways.

image_zpspf15ozb8.jpg

image_zps336rfyrt.jpg

image_zpsekykpty8.jpg

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Yes, I dropped it off at the shop yesterday afternoon and saw the engine in person. This topper looks worlds better than the Edelbrock that was on it when I bought the RR. The engine should be going in soon and have her on the road this Spring.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
WOOHOO! That sounds great! You will enjoy it!
My poor little bird will not see the road till a year from now at least ^^ lol
but it is in a great progress :)
I really like your Runner she looks really nice! Keep up with your upgrading pics ;)

Back