• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An automatic conversion to 4spd in 70 RR?

Petroleum1

Reaction score
At one time was looking at a factory '68 hemi RR with an original 727. I looked into a 4speed conversion kit. I got a price from Brewers it was $6900 and was very complete.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Well that settles that! The auto whether on the column or the floor is where I shall stay! Thanks!

Petroleum1

Reaction score
You might be able to piece a kit together but even donor junk cars are costly now. Just me but i would have to be shifting if it’s a vintage muscle car.

woodwiz

Reaction score
I had a 70RR in 1975 with an auto and loved it especially when cruising with the GF next to me.”More Thigh More Pie”….just saying!!

D600AE74-CD7F-4074-875C-70A0308A12AA.jpeg

MoparDan

Reaction score
I am doing the 4 speed conversion also. I have everything I need. One thing I didn't read was the steering column. To make it look factory (if the shifter was on the column) You need to replace it or find the parts necessary to get rid of the lever and pointer.

Petroleum1

Reaction score
I am doing the 4 speed conversion also. I have everything I need. One thing I didn't read was the steering column. To make it look factory (if the shifter was on the column) You need to replace it or find the parts necessary to get rid of the lever and pointer.
That column blank section was also included in the kit they quoted me.

Back