• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And so it Begins....(Updated pg.36)

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Re: And so it Begins....(Updated pg 19)

Lookin' good Steve. It must feel good to see solid steel instead of looking at holes in it!!

dobie

Reaction score

Thanks guys. I took in the back glass today and am gonna have them install it for me. Car should be home in another week or two.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

dobie said:
Thanks guys. I took in the back glass today and am gonna have them install it for me. Car should be home in another week or two.
So far it appears you made the right decision as far as shops :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

dobie said:

don't forget your new molding clips go in first!

dobie

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
dobie said:
So far it appears you made the right decision as far as shops :yesnod:
Thanks. So far, I think so too. Turns out, the older guy I had been thinking of taking it to has been sick the last week or so. While my car has been in the shop longer than originally planned, I can guarantee that the car would've hardly been touched yet by the older gentleman. Then again, I wouldn't be in the hole either, wondering how the hell im gonna pay for everything now!

dobie

Reaction score

Basketcase said:
dobie said:

Yeah, about that.... I have none. The shop is gonna check around with the local glass place in hopes they can get everything that's needed. We'll see.....

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

next time you pull a car over and they have marketable contraband confiscate it and resell it :lmao: :lmao: :snowball: :leave:

dobie

Reaction score

Its been 6 yrs in the making, and the body work is finally getting done. Well, most of it anyways.

I found my car on 4-6-06 while at work. It was snowing pretty good out, and the only thing visible was the grill. After a few days of looking at it and talking with my uncle and father -in-law, I purchased the car on 4-14-06. The title was transfered on 5-1-06.

Its been a rough 6 yrs of life. The one constant has been this car. Thru everything, im very thankful that I've been able to keep it. Im also very thankful that there's finally forward progress with it.

dobie

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
next time you pull a car over and they have marketable contraband confiscate it and resell it :lmao: :lmao: :snowball: :leave:

Thought's crossed my mind......
:jester:

John69RR

Reaction score

dobie said:
Basketcase said:
dobie said:

Yeah, about that.... I have none. The shop is gonna check around with the local glass place in hopes they can get everything that's needed. We'll see.....

Dobie I checked with Dealer Products Inc. the company that my reveal clips came from and they are a non-stocking item but they can get them. Price is .15 ea. in a box of 50. So it is about 7.50 plus tax. It will take about 7-10 business days to get them. The part number I have is CP703410. They have just about anything you need. http://dealpro.com/products.html

A31PKG

Reaction score

Sometimes (not always) that rear window trim can be a real bear to install without knicking the paint. Good call on paying them to do it. If there's a boo boo, it's on them. :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

I had got my trm clips for the other car from totally Auto. They sell clips kits for around $30 a few years ago. you get all the clips(different size for the lower trim IIRC) and screws.

dobie

Reaction score

[/quote]Dobie I checked with Dealer Products Inc. the company that my reveal clips came from and they are a non-stocking item but they can get them. Price is .15 ea. in a box of 50. So it is about 7.50 plus tax. It will take about 7-10 business days to get them. The part number I have is CP703410. They have just about anything you need. http://dealpro.com/products.html[/quote]

Thanks!! I'll call the shop Monday and see if they had any luck with their supplier. If not, I'll be calling Dealer Products.

Thanks!

dobie

Reaction score

Thanks. Me too! I was up Friday and looked at it. Looks about the same right now. They got a few bigger jobs come in, so they pushed mine to the back for a week or so. I have no problem with that, as it delays the bill!

I can almost smell fresh paint though........

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

think we could slip mine in long enough for them to weld the 1/4s on/ :D

dobie

Reaction score

My uncle and I went up to the shop today to strip parts off. I figure the more I do, the cheaper the bill will be, right? Right now, the plan is to have them strip all of the old paint off of everything, and at the least put it into epoxy primer. From there, who knows...

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5-13.jpg

Back