• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another dash light problem

Damcanadian

Reaction score
I have no dash lights at all. My turn signals used to work. I pulled out the cluster to check the other lights some of the sockets were broke so I replaced all the sockets and bulbs. Now I have no dash lights at all. I replaced the thumb wheel dimmer switch and replaced all the fuses. My dome light, headlights hi/low, and taillights all work. I checked power at the fuse block in the glove box and I have no power to the 3a fuse, I also checked the power at the main plug behind the cluster and only one spot is getting power. Where should I move to next?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
do you have the big round plug on all the way, make sure you didn't break any of the contacts off when you plugged it back in.

A12

Reaction score
Did you lose a ground or have a bad ground connection now?

Damcanadian

Reaction score
Where would the cluster be grounded at? I pulled the plug off and it appears that all the connections are still good.

Mopar Vince

Reaction score
Check the ground wire ring to the steering column on the bottom.
Also check the instrument feed fuse in the fuse box. (see diagram)
Capture.JPG

Hope this helps

Capture.JPG

Back