• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another newbie from nortern Ohio

John69RR

Reaction score
tubbs said:
John69RR said:
Well Dave it's been almost 30 years since I moved here. The Browns always seemed to be the more popular team. Even when they have off years they still get good crowds at the stadium. The Tribe, well they had a couple good runs, '95 and '97 then again a few years ago. I can say that when I do get to visit there are a lot of yard signs promoting the sports teams. Thats something you don't see here.

good answer. this town is really split between true fans and the fans that fall off the wagon when things start going bad. i'm 50, lived here all my live and have been a diehard tribe and browns fan. fans up here really shift gears (hey, like that, got a car related statement in) between baseball and football. i would have to say that the browns are well represented all year.

LeBron was taking up ALOT of the spotlite for the 7 years he was here. people are starving for a championship up here.... thanks allot Mesa!!!

have a great day,
Tubbs

Can't forget Jose', or the infamous Red Right 88, The Drive and The Fumble. Don't follow basketball much. Lebron was good but like any sport it takes a whole team not just one player. I can recall going to Mantua when I was a lot younger. My great aunt had a farm out there. Thats been over 45 yeras ago though.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
John69RR said:
Can't forget the infamous Red Right 88

Brian Sipe might have become a Cleveland football icon if not for that play; instead the Raiders went on to become the first wildcard team to ever win the Super Bowl...and no one even mentions Sipe unless it is in reference to this play...

John69RR

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
John69RR said:
Can't forget the infamous Red Right 88

Brian Sipe might have become a Cleveland football icon if not for that play; instead the Raiders went on to become the first wildcard team to ever win the Super Bowl...and no one even mentions Sipe unless it is in reference to this play...

How true.

dobie

Reaction score
[/quote]The Drive and The Fumble. [/quote]

I was at that game, and loved every minute of it........ :devil:

I am, of course, a huge Denver fan!!

Back