• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another wiring issue

Rocket

Reaction score
I converted from a 727 to an A833. I wired everything up and when I turn the key nothing (well the very first time I turned it it went for a split second). It turns over when I take a screwdriver to the starter relay. It could be my key switch I guess. I have no clue if I have a neutral safety so I tried grounding the negative side on the starter relay to the frame...nothing. So here are my questions:
  • I have a 3 connection relay should I get the four…and ground out the ground connection?
  • I accidentally (ha) pushed the female connection for the tach onto the connection the yellow from the other harness goes into with the key off - did I burn up my ignition box?
  • Is there a neutral safety with somewhere? I don't see anything on the clutch.

Rocket

Reaction score
Does a 1969 even have a Neutral Safety Switch?

Rocket

Reaction score
I replaced the starter relay I just bought and it works like a charm. 1969 cars don't have a NSS.On to the next problem! Really close to getting her done now.

Back