• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody have a jegs distributor 555-40504?

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Chased my problem to this. I called jegs and they dont have a pickup that goes into the distributor and hooks to the harness. This was on the car when I got it.

555-40504.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Got my distributor from Summit racing. Cheap enough to just replace it. Think the hole kit was around 134 bucks.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
They included a harness that would wire into your system. If I remember right got the orange box and the blast resistor with the kit. Knock on wood it is working well.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
They included a harness that would wire into your system. If I remember right got the orange box and the blast resistor with the kit. Knock on wood it is working well.
I put the m&h harness in with the orange box I had ordered that did have the wiring harness but i didnt use the one with the wiring harness i used the m&h. The resistor is the double sided one not the single.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The distributor I bought came with the wiring and instructions on how to wire it in. It was pretty simple. I used the under-hood wiring harness from year one also. It all worked out well. Hope you solve your problem and get that car on the road. Have a good one. :thumbsup2:

Back