• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody on Facebook ?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Funny the timing of these things, there was a news report on how to close an account because they make it tricky. After you close your account you are put on a 2 week waiting period to final close. During that time you may get notifications emails from friends and face book and when opened it re establishes your account and you have to close it again. They have had over 6 million closed this year but its still growing at a faster rate than that

moparchris

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
yes i am all you that are please friend me I'm Stuart Sutton

uncle george and Ray are already my friends LOL
What the hell?! Am I not cool enough to mention?

mcmopar

Reaction score
Nope. Not with all their security and privacy BS shenannigans and the almost impossibility of closing your account as mentioned above. I have no desire to further the owner's ambitions.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

We could start our own cardiology ward... :basketcase:

:jester:
wow thats bad ....ray
yes i am on there

George, I just meant that we three have all had recent cardiac issues, in case you forgot about Stuie and I...that's all. :thumbsup:

RoadRunner1969

Reaction score
I think it´s not a bad thing. you have a lot of contacts around the world and can share pictures and other stuff.

railrider

Reaction score
There is no more risk on Facebook than there is on a forum.

The only info that is on Facebook is what you allow to have on there.

Also Facebook has settings you can change so you do not get messages from friends, and you can change them at any time. Also if you know that you canceled your account then why reply to any emails through Facebook? If you know your no longer a user just delete them when they arrive.

Trust me I have a bunch of Facebook sites. Some for Antique Bicycles, some for myself and my online business, and some for my Political Views. I have a ton of my info on there and I am ok with it. I doubt there is more than my name and city/state on there.

The only bad I see is...
Many people go on there and tell everything they know. They post they are on vacation, and won't be home for a week, and their safe combo. My advice is to tell your life after it happens. otherwise you come home and your TV is gone! lol :cheers:

mcmopar

Reaction score
railrider said:
There is no more risk on Facebook than there is on a forum.

The only info that is on Facebook is what you allow to have on there.

Also Facebook has settings you can change so you do not get messages from friends, and you can change them at any time. Also if you know that you canceled your account then why reply to any emails through Facebook? If you know your no longer a user just delete them when they arrive.

Trust me I have a bunch of Facebook sites. Some for Antique Bicycles, some for myself and my online business, and some for my Political Views. I have a ton of my info on there and I am ok with it. I doubt there is more than my name and city/state on there.

The only bad I see is...
Many people go on there and tell everything they know. They post they are on vacation, and won't be home for a week, and their safe combo. My advice is to tell your life after it happens. otherwise you come home and your TV is gone! lol :cheers:

I tend to disagree simply because the owner of FB has admitted to selling member's personal info, so there is a lot more risk than on a forum that does not sell member info. :cents:

railrider

Reaction score
Well, I did not mean this site sells your info.

I just meant if you sign up for anything online they usually want your name, location and email (same as Facebook) What personal info do you plan to post on there that is so secretive?

They have my name and the city, state I live in. They do not ask for financial records or bank info. Besides, anyone can do an online search and find out more about almost anyone in the United States than you would give Facebook.

I agree being safety conscience is a good idea when online, but just feel this is over reacting. Hell, you can sign up using fake info if you wanted to. lol ?

moparchris

Reaction score
railrider said:
Well, I did not mean this site sells your info.

I just meant if you sign up for anything online they usually want your name, location and email (same as Facebook) What personal info do you plan to post on there that is so secretive?

They have my name and the city, state I live in. They do not ask for financial records or bank info. Besides, anyone can do an online search and find out more about almost anyone in the United States than you would give Facebook.

I agree being safety conscience is a good idea when online, but just feel this is over reacting. Hell, you can sign up using fake info if you wanted to. lol ?
I think its more about the content that people post than your email or personal info. The personal info that gets people into trouble. Just like when I say the wrong thing in person. :lol:

moparchris

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
moparchris said:
moparstuart said:

I ONLY MENTIONED MY HEART ATTACK BROTHERS lol
I just about had a heart attack when you forgot my name! :lol:

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparchris said:
moparchris said:
moparstuart said:

I ONLY MENTIONED MY HEART ATTACK BROTHERS lol
I just about had a heart attack when you forgot my name! :lol:[/quote]
sorry i forgot u were even on there

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Now that they went public and the only revenue they generate is through advertising, a market analyst I listen to was saying as growth slows for them they will most likely have to sell information to other companies to generate more income. So hang on, people talk about hobbies sports and activities, they know more about you than your spouse :basketcase:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Now that they went public and the only revenue they generate is through advertising, a market analyst I listen to was saying as growth slows for them they will most likely have to sell information to other companies to generate more income. So hang on, people talk about hobbies sports and activities, they know more about you than your spouse :basketcase:
That's another reason why I don't get into this kind of stuff. I just can't understand the need for people to plaster their info all over the internet for everyone to see. :huh:

Back