• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running a new 5 speed setup?

zupanj

Reaction score
I used some stuff from GM, I can't remember the name SyncroLube or something but I may have it written down somewhere. I think it was recommended by Tremec and recall it was very expensive. I have had no problems with it since it was put in and I think that was in 2002.

I found my build notes: I have GM Synchromesh PN#12345349 in my Tremec TKO II.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
what would be cool is a 2 speed rear....one for the track and the higher gear for cruising
They have been available in trucks for a long time. I learned how to drive one in the mid 70s. All you have to do is try and fit the chunck in a cars' diff.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
george68hemirr said:
what would be cool is a 2 speed rear....one for the track and the higher gear for cruising
They have been available in trucks for a long time. I learned how to drive one in the mid 70s. All you have to do is try and fit the chunck in a cars' diff.

Or go with a Franklin quick change rear like the circle track racers use.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
Or go with a Franklin quick change rear like the circle track racers use.

As an aside...that is who narrowed the 8.75" that's under my Z-28... He does really nice work...and isn't located too far from me...

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
The good old triplex Mack. That was one of the first truck transmissions I learned how to drive. It's a good thing I never got in another truck with one because it was a tranny I could never get good with. Chris, what I was talking about is a duel rear end gear. The ones I drove had a straight 5 speed trans, with a button that would select a high, or low gear in the rear end, and would let you make that 5 speed into a ten speed trans, or any variation of gears that you may need.

Back