• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At Last

Steve

Reaction score
Well after what seemed forever waiting for the crappy weather to end and the salt to wash away,I finally got to try the car out.
Oh My God,what a rush,the acceleration is awesome.You can screech the tyres in second :banana:
A big thanks to all those in a previous thread of mine telling me to go the 440 route and that I wouldn't regret it.You are so right :thumbsup:
Here's some pics from this afternoon after I finished work in the Derbyshire countryside two miles from home.
9999.jpg
007.jpg
99.jpg
Not quite in George's class :worship: but OK for a first burnout and my new Locker seems to be working well :lol:
999.jpg

gunnar

Reaction score
Those country lanes are pretty narrow. Gotta be hard to open her up like you'd like to I bet? Beautiful photos.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
The car looks great as well as the beautiful countryside. But something looks out of place, Oh, I know, you're on the wrong side of the road!!!!! :jester: Oh,,,, wait!!!!!! Never mind!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lucky bastard! that runner looks sweet! you know what they say about burnouts...pratice makes perfect... :drive: :drive: :drive:
now what kind of road is that? around here that's what we'd call a county road, narrow and paved, not much traffic. out in the country away from the city.

glhcarl

Reaction score
Great pictures Steve. The car is beautiful love the color!

The pictures of the country side really bring back memories of my years in the UK. Loved those back roads and walking trails. If or when I get back across the pond I will buy you a pint if you give me a ride down one of those country lanes in the Road Runner.

Steve

Reaction score
Well it was fun while it lasted :rolleyes:
Next door are having an extension built.As you can see my fence and parts of my driveway collapsed today while they were digging the foundations :facepalm:
The rest of the driveway looks very fragile,so there's no way I can get the Runner out till it's sorted.Just hope when I get home from work tomorrow my house is still intact :D
110.jpg
111.jpg

moparstuart

Reaction score
Steve said:
Well it was fun while it lasted :rolleyes:
Next door are having an extension built.As you can see my fence and parts of my driveway collapsed today while they were digging the foundations :facepalm:
The rest of the driveway looks very fragile,so there's no way I can get the Runner out till it's sorted.Just hope when I get home from work tomorrow my house is still intact :D
110.jpg
111.jpg
dude bummer , they better be kissing your butt and fixing it fast .

moparchris

Reaction score
Awesome! Nothing better than a hot Roadrunner in a beautiful setting like that back road. Makes me want just go out and drop the hammer. :thumbsup: on the burnout!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
obvisiouly your neighbors own a blue car....... :acme:

Back