• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention Green Team!

moparchris

Reaction score
I'm back! I bought this for my 2 month old son from an ad on Craigslist. I paid next to nothing for it. It is missing its fender tag but it appears to be a 383 4 speed F5 hardtop with the A31 package. It still retains the 3.91s and Sure Grip. Its going to need quarters and outer wheel houses from rust. Trunk floor looks like it just has some scale but the extensions are junk. It currently has a small block in it with an auto trans. It was hit in the front and has a Satellite front clip on it for now.

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

glhcarl

Reaction score
Looks like a good solid body! You son is lucky!

Are you going to keep it a Satellite?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Boy what a DAD already got the son a Mopar and a beautiful F5 Green on top of that.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
When is moparchrisjr going to save his name on the site and make his first post. :D

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
When is moparchrisjr going to save his name on the site and make his first post. :D

The Green car speaks for it's self :jester: :acme: :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
glhcarl said:
Looks like a good solid body! You son is lucky!

Are you going to keep it a Satellite?

I already have a perfect Road Runner hood for it. Its a RM23 car 383 4 speed F5 green with what I believe to be a A31 car.
Jim S. said:
Nice find! I wish I had your ambition Chris, or are you going to wait and make him restore it? :drive:

I hope to restore it together with him. I don't think most folks would call my sickness ambition but thanks anyways.
abodybill said:
Boy what a DAD already got the son a Mopar and a beautiful F5 Green on top of that.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thanks Bill, I hope that over time I can expose my son to this wonderful world of cars. I figure if we take our time there can be some great life lessons and many skills taught. I plan on being very active in my sons life and I hope that I can pass on my passion for cars to him!
george68hemirr said:
nice find......how is it underneath.....what a good dad :thumbsup:
Its rock solid, and it even has Green overspray on black primer underneath! I think with a good pressure wash it will be pristine. It still has its black and gold California plates on it. It will need new quarters and wheel houses and trunk extensions but other than that its rock solid. :thumbsup:
69hemibeep said:
He should be typing by next week.
moparstuart said:
I guess once brain washed by agent green always blinded :acme: :jester:
Denial is the first stage of grieving. So when are you going to realize your most prized possession (that beautiful GREEN Superbird clone) is GREEN! :acme:

My good friend told me about the Craigslist ad and I reluctantly called the guy and went and looked at it. When i did look at it I could tell it wasn't something he is familiar with. So I told him about the things that were wrong with it and offered him 1/3rd what he was asking. So he tried to negotiate and I told him that i think I will pass on it and he then said he would take my offer. So the boy gets a project! I haven't told my wife yet, she is surely going to think I am nuts. :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
[q I haven't told my wife yet, she is surely going to think I am nuts. :crazy:[/quote]
I think your nuts :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That looks like a great start for a project Chris and I REALLY like the color!!!! :thumbsup: If we don't hear from you for a while we'll know that you told your wife about the car for you and your son!!!! :jester:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Nice score Chris! My son is 30months old. He's car crazy already. He loves when I buckle him in the Road Runner or Scamp. I buckled his car seat the the middle of the rear seat of the Scamp just yesterday. He was able to see out the front windshield unlike when he's in one of the daily drivers. We were cruising on the local Parkway, and started saying "faster daddy,faster".....that's my boy! I Love him dearly! :drive:

moparchris

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
:toetap: You're not the first. :lol:
Roadcuda said:
That looks like a great start for a project Chris and I REALLY like the color!!!! :thumbsup: If we don't hear from you for a while we'll know that you told your wife about the car for you and your son!!!! :jester:
No kidding, I used to hate green but now I love it. I guess it comes with maturity.
peresvet24 said:
looks good :thumbsup: :cheers:
Thanks Peresvet!
sam z said:
Wow...I'm jealous of you guys with the tools and know-how.
Dont be afraid. Just go out and do it! I learned by trial and error myself and its so fun to learn and accomplish things you thought not possible.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
[q I haven't told my wife yet, she is surely going to think I am nuts. :crazy:
I think your nuts :lol:[/quote]

uh....does thls mean you two are marrled... :eek: you know that whole California thlng...... :gay:

looks like a great father/son project Chrls! welcome back !color]

moparchris

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:
[q I haven't told my wife yet, she is surely going to think I am nuts. :crazy:

uh....does thls mean you two are marrled... :eek: you know that whole California thlng...... :gay:

looks like a great father/son project Chrls! welcome back !color][/quote]

Hey?! I thought you were on my side. :wedgie:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
oh l am but ball bustlng knows no color boundrles on '69 LaManchla.net :grouphug:

Back