• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Banging on the hood of my 69

bstan70rr

Reaction score
OK guys, looks like the popular response is to buy a new hood. Two problems: one, I don't have the cash right now. Two, I am almost done with it.

The problem with the style line is that it travels through the very middle section where there is the least amount of bracing. I thought it was flat, but a few pictures show that it extends to at least to this point. Any further? I cannot tell.

And I am surprised there were no responses to my catchy little subject of "banging on the hood of my 69". Is this a family channel?

LOL

Anyway, I realy look forward to seeing e-mails saying there are new posts to review in this site. But yall already know what I am talking about.

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey B. Welcome to our happy little cyber home away from home! I am sorry for your loss both the runner and your home. I am glad you returned to Roadrunnerdom. I am surprised with all the pic nazis :lock: around here :acme: that you have not received any reference pics for your crumpled hood. If you give me your email address I can email you a large high resolution picture for you to see. It looks like the body line disappears half way between the scoops. I will take a pic tomorrow up close as well.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
bstan70rr said:
And I am surprised there were no responses to my catchy little subject of "banging on the hood of my 69". Is this a family channel?

LOL

No family channel, but we all mind our manners for the most part...and by that I only mean that every post isn't a profanity-laced tirade like on some forums. You can be as risque as you like for the most part; no one will complain...just browse through the joke section and you'll see what I mean... :D

Nice pic of your son & the car. My sixteen year old helped me drop the tank on my RR the other day...his interest just seems to be budding...I'm sure it has nothing to do with being of driving age... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

moparchris

Reaction score
Well I just went out and took a look at my hood as well as a second hood I have for a spare. It looks like the center line on the hoods start crisp and it fades from front to back with it mostly gone by the time it reaches the mid point between the scoops. I tried to take a pic, but its too dark and raining pretty heavy. It looks pretty much like the previous pic I posted. I can try to take a pic when its gets light if you need it just let me know.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Well I just went out and took a look at my hood as well as a second hood I have for a spare. It looks like the center line on the hoods start crisp and it fades from front to back with it mostly gone by the time it reaches the mid point between the scoops. I tried to take a pic, but its too dark and raining pretty heavy. It looks pretty much like the previous pic I posted. I can try to take a pic when its gets light if you need it just let me know.
Same here rainy and dark, but mine is gone in about the same area. The thing about air grabber hoods is the glue would break loose and the skin would vibrate and bounce stretching the metal, so its hard to find a real good one

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
bstan70rr said:

LOL

No family channel, but we all mind our manners for the most part...and by that I only mean that every post isn't a profanity-laced tirade like on some forums. You can be as risque as you like for the most part; no one will complain...just browse through the joke section and you'll see what I mean... :D

Nice pic of your son & the car. My sixteen year old helped me drop the tank on my RR the other day...his interest just seems to be budding...I'm sure it has nothing to do with being of driving age... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

The philosophy is pretty simple around here. We're like a bunch of guys sitting around having a barley pop or two and talking about cars and life. Its really that simple. The threads go where they go just like any conversation between friends do. The rules are just use some common sense when posting.

Great pics of your son! My kids always loved the cars and are still into cars in one form or another.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
I WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME ABOUT MY KIDS....THEY BOTH LOVE SPORTS....nothing wrong with that....i have a hard time with them just changing there oil.....Bstan you are a lucky man!!!!!!!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Putting this back on subject, yeah I know, how dare I!!! It was such a nice day I had to get the car started to hear it run and even took a little ride, it felt good! But I did that to get some pics of the hood for Benny. It is so hard to tell where that line ends. As best as I can tell, if you drew a line from the front edge of the two hood vents, that is about where the line ends. I think. That line is just so subtle to begin with, it just disappears. I place that little box in a couple places where I think it ends, so you can take your pick.

mcmopar

Reaction score
I was just out dusting mine off to get it ready to go to Old Town tonight and the line on mine appears to go clear to about 3/4 the way to the back of the power bulges. As said, its extremely subtle but it was evident none the less.

Back