• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Banging on the hood of my 69

bstan70rr

Reaction score
Well, aint this the coolest website I could have ever found, but i will get straight to the point. I believe someone used my hood for a square dance floor. The frame was bent up, and the metal was separated from it. I have been hammering it out for too long, and I believe I have almost conquered it. However,.............and you knew there had to be one, I am not sure how far up the style line runs up the middle of the hood. Anyone have a good picture or a measuring tape? I am guessing it runs to even with the back of the hood scoops. But I sure hate guessing. LOL. Anyway, I am surprised I could not find a good reference picture online. But the good news i that I found this site in the process.

Thanks for any help.

B. Stansbury
Ocean Springs, Mississippi

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
well somebody will chime in but mostly everybody here has 69 roadrunners and a 70 hood is different....right guys???...just a few with 68s but they are the same....is it a 69 or 70 hood??

anyway BSTAN70RR....welcome to the site :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the birds nest bstan! :cheers: Tell us about yourself, and we do like to see pictures of your car! And come back and visit often and join in the fun.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Now your hood. Its critical that you get it right if you have an air grabber, because it will either not go in or fit to loose. Is it an air grabber hood?

bstan70rr

Reaction score
It is a 69 NON air grabber hood.

The name "bstan70rr" comes from my first Roadrunner that was lost in Hurricane Katrina. For anyone intersted, my wife said I seemed to cry more over losing the car than the house. I told her that we can make a new house, but they don't make new 1970 Road Runners.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
bstan70rr said:
It is a 69 NON air grabber hood.

The name "bstan70rr" comes from my first Roadrunner that was lost in Hurricane Katrina. For anyone intersted, my wife said I seemed to cry more over losing the car than the house. I told her that we can make a new house, but they don't make new 1970 Road Runners.
there isnt any words for what you just said except i am sorry for your loss...you and the wife are very lucky to get through that

Jim S.

Reaction score
Hello, well I would have to pull it out into the sun to be sure but, that ain't happening until May. Best I can tell, is the line fades out about the middle of the hood scoops. Maybe we can get a general consensus with the help of some of the other members. I do have some good pics of the hood when I did some bodywork last summer. Here is the link.
http://s657.photobucket.com/albums/uu292/Jim-2/

ps. sorry about the 70RR

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Man, I'm sorry to hear about your '70. That is my favorite Plymouth B-Body style. I just loved those tail lights and grille when I was a kid. And the striping, Air Grabber and those 15" Rallyes. A very sweet combo.
You do know that Auto Metal Direct sells replacement 69 hoods don't you? :D It might be worth the money to look into that as opposed to trying to fix up the old one.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome BStan! Sorry to hear about the loss of your '70. My dad lives in Gulfport. He was just here at my home on Sunday visiting. Other than talking to me about my cars all he talked about was how difficult it has been to get his home rebuilt and how many shady contractors he has had to deal with in doing so in the aftermath of Katrina... :loco:

Post some pics before our camoflauged green RR picture hound gets after you... :D

:jester:
ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Welcome BStan!

Post some pics before our camoflauged green RR picture hound gets after you... :D

ACME

pay no attention to 'Ol Mustard Toe. :acme: No one on this site wil hound you about anything.
sorry for your loss, and welcome to the best site out there! don't be a stranger!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
Welcome BStan!

ACME

pay no attention to 'Ol Mustard Toe. :acme: No one on this site wil hound you about anything.
sorry for your loss, and welcome to the best site out there! don't be a stranger!
Ray you called Basketcase out on the pics. I bet it was killing him to make this post and not ask, I mean demand pics :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
Welcome BStan!

ACME

Ray you called Basketcase out on the pics. I bet it was killing him to make this post and not ask, I mean demand pics :lol:

He has me doing his dirty work for him now...I'm just an unpaid Team Green henchman... :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:stooges: :stooges: :stooges: :stooges: :stooges: :stooges: :stooges: :stooges:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sheet metal is kind of thin and hard to straighten on those hoods I too think a repop AMD would be the way to go or a fiberglass lift off 440-6 style hood nothing says means buisiness more than one of those.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
He has me doing his dirty work for him now...I'm just an unpaid Team Green henchman... :lmao:

Apparently Big thinks so too...check out the avatar ranking... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="ACME A12":2y2nklvh]He has me doing his dirty work for him now...I'm just an unpaid Team Green henchman... :lmao:

:jester:[/quote:2y2nklvh]
Now that there is funny, Big just works quietly like the CIA.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="ACME A12":1lcl8ud1]He has me doing his dirty work for him now...I'm just an unpaid Team Green henchman... :lmao:

:jester:[/quote:1lcl8ud1]
:banana: :banana:

Back