• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bird wounded by lawn mower man

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Those are great pics. :thumbsup: It's hard to tell from the pics, but it that an 0-6-0 switcher? And is that Baldwin behind it? Alco is my favorite loco manufacturer. While their diesel engine reliability may have not been the best, they had some of the best body designs for diesels. And their steam engines were among the best, and of course were the builders of the UPs Big Boys and Challengers.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Yep, a Bladwin RS-12 or S-12

The Steamer is 0-6-0. There are a few cars around there and two more Baldwin diesel. Those pics are about 15 years old and that is the last time the stuff was out to my knowledge. I saw on the net someplace that the steamer is the only known example of that model left in existence. I really can't figure out why the people are holding onto it. :huh:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
some people just don't car when it comes to "old cars", or at the very least respecting othr people's properity.
SCG, that really does suck. I think Dave hit it on the head. Some people just don't care about other peoples property, or what it may mean to them. For another example of this kind of sh!t go to the link for a story about what some idiots did to a museum here in CT.

http://www.courant.com/community/windha ... 2672.story

I was reading about that on Railway Preservation News. Oughta hang the bastards. Thanks for posting the train pics SCG. The Ohio Central RR is about an hour from me. Don't know what's going on with all the steamers since the RR has been sold. I've heard the former owner is planing a new round house for them.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there is a Bessamer & Lake Erie 2-10-4 ,was restored to opertiang in the '802, sitting dead cold in a rotting wharehouse, in a not so good area of Pittsburgh. Owner had it for sale, several tried too get it, only to have the owner back out.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
there is a Bessamer & Lake Erie 2-10-4 ,was restored to opertiang in the '802, sitting dead cold in a rotting wharehouse, in a not so good area of Pittsburgh. Owner had it for sale, several tried too get it, only to have the owner back out.
I haven't heard of that piece before. But it might not be so easy to find a place to run something like that these days with that large a rigid wheel base.

John69RR

Reaction score
I was reading about that on Railway Preservation News. Oughta hang the bastards. Thanks for posting the train pics SCG. The Ohio Central RR is about an hour from me. Don't know what's going on with all the steamers since the RR has been sold. I've heard the former owner is planing a new round house for them.[/quote]

Sorry to hear about the scratch. Dave, is that the museum in Dennison, Ohio?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
The Museum isn't part of the Ohio Central, but that's where it's at. The owner,Jerry Jacobson sold the OC a couple years ago for a couple million ($200+IIRC), and he's supposed to be building a round house,turn table for the locomotives. They hosted Train Fest in '04, got to see alot, and got some rides. JJ had his GTW 4-8-4,CP 2-6-4 hot, and had several others on display.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
this one Steve. There used to be really nice pics on Steamlocomotive.com, but they're not availble any more. They showed her back in the '80s, shining like a new penny. She was steamed up at least once then. This one was from 2008, and you can see from the sun light coming thru the roof, that her surroundings are the best, and that she's detiorating.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I don't understand why people hang onto steam engines. :loco: I can see somebody thinking they will get around to fixing/using a car. But a steam engine? :acme:

Only real consideration would be that it go to a place you know won't cut it up, like a museum. Any buyer would have to be serious with the moving costs anyway.

I bet the buildng that 12 is in is falling down as well. It isn't used at all anymore.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
How did this thread get derailed :lmao: :lmao:

:basketcase: :basketcase:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
How did this thread get derailed :lmao: :lmao:

I was shocked myself....first time this has ever happened......... :eek:

moparchris

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about the vandalism to your Roadrunner. This very thing just happened to my motorhome. My neighbors gardener drag the mower down the side of my 2 year old motorhome. I heard something suspicious since
i was on the other side of it in my garage. I went around the corner to see what happened and then I discovered it. I confront the mower operator and he says no habla englese. I then in turn start speaking spanish to him, the look on his face was priceless. I told him to stay put as I need to go call INS. I have never seen them move so fast. Needless to say the next week it was a different crew and a call to the owner of the business proved to be a dead end, probably another illegal alien. Oh well, I can feel my blood pressure rise when I read your thread. Sorry for your trouble.

Jim S.

Reaction score
moparchris said:
I am sorry to hear about the vandalism to your Roadrunner. This very thing just happened to my motorhome. My neighbors gardener drag the mower down the side of my 2 year old motorhome. I heard something suspicious since
i was on the other side of it in my garage. I went around the corner to see what happened and then I discovered it. I confront the mower operator and he says no habla englese. I then in turn start speaking spanish to him, the look on his face was priceless. I told him to stay put as I need to go call INS. I have never seen them move so fast. Needless to say the next week it was a different crew and a call to the owner of the business proved to be a dead end, probably another illegal alien. Oh well, I can feel my blood pressure rise when I read your thread. Sorry for your trouble.
That is great. Incentive to learn another language. I have been studying Arabic just in case I have to moonlight for the FBI after retirement. Masalama......Jim

Back