• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black and proud

Jim S.

Reaction score
I have been screwing around with this for a good three weeks on and off. The hardest part of the whole "grill blackout" job was stripping and repairing the crappy body work on the lower valance filler panel. After that matching the B5 metallic paint was also fun. I was not about to do a blend job for something that only butts up against the fender for two inches. It sprayed out just a tinge darker. No one will ever know except me. The blackout really makes the car look better. I can see why it was done at the factory.......

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It definitely makes the grill show better :thumbsup: But three weeks, I thought you were retired :jester:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Great job! You just solved my greatest pet peeve.....
I really dislike seeing body color through the grill.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. The older I get, the longer things take. Retired? Gawd I wish, like I said before, I'll keep buying lottery tickets. I work part time (because of the back) repairing circuit boards, and in addition still repairing amps and such for musicians out of the house. Glad I fixed the pet peeve because it has started to become one of mine also. :yesnod:
BTW, thank you to sponge Bob and Mike (A12) for their blackout pics. :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Great job! You just solved my greatest pet peeve.....
I really dislike seeing body color through the grill.

but what if the car is black..... :D
looks great...but if it just wasn't so....
Blue.. :acme:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Basketcase said:
looks great...but if it just wasn't so....Blue.. :acme:
Still stuck over there with the dark side of the force, huh??? Must be Chris' jedi mind tricks...and now he's bribing you with patch panels...:lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Basketcase said:
looks great...but if it just wasn't so....Blue.. :acme:
Still stuck over there with the dark side of the force, huh??? Must be Chris' jedi mind tricks...and now he's bribing you with patch panels...:lmao:

I wish he would have levitated my trlr. hitch above his street. God only knows whats going to happen at Acmes place when I get there :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
must be a dep seated conspisoury......this will be the third blue part on my car. the shock crossmember came off a blue '68, the lower dash pad has some blue showing thru...now this......

moparchris

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
must be a dep seated conspisoury......this will be the third blue part on my car. the shock crossmember came off a blue '68, the lower dash pad has some blue showing thru...now this......

Well Dave, i had to send you a blue part. No one in their right mind would cut up a green car. :acme:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:

That must be one good running Coronet station wagon green (cleverly disguised with French's mustard yellow) Road Runner with all of those blue parts... :banana: :D :banana:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Dave, if this bothers you that much why don't you just get a can of green spray paint and spray away!!!!! :lol: But use some paint remover first!!!!!!! :pot:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

That must be one good running Coronet station wagon green (cleverly disguised with French's mustard yellow) Road Runner with all of those blue parts... :banana: :D :banana:

went out in the garage this morning, and my car had been vandilized.....

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

went out in the garage this morning, and my car had been vandilized.....
The vandals did you a favor :thumbsup: Did you see Steve tried to put this thread back on track, silly boy :lol:

Back