• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body stamps

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea why the body stamps on the lip of the trunk and top of the Radiator support wouldn't match the vin plate, fender tag, and build sheet on my 68?

1969beepbeep

Reaction score
If I knew any of the members very well I would say so and so had been working on the assembly line that day with a hangover. Other than trying to be funny, is it possible that the car had been stolen and somebody changed the dash and fender tag?

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
If I knew any of the members very well I would say so and so had been working on the assembly line that day with a hangover. Other than trying to be funny, is it possible that the car had been stolen and somebody changed the dash and fender tag?
I guess it's possible, but I don't think they would have went through the trouble to change out the build sheet under the seat too

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
And the rivets look as original as everything else. Guess I'm just wondering if they even mattered on '68's

4spd69RR

Reaction score
These two images show the location of the vin stamping on the radiator support and trunk gasket lip.
The first photo shows a date on the left and then the vin on the right. both are stamp on the drivers side of the support.
The trunk will have to stamps one under the seal and one in the valley.

100_0506.jpg

100_0513.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The 68 will NOT have VIN numbers stamped on the body like the 69 and later cars.

It will have another number that will match the fender tag and broadcast sheet order number.

inri

Reaction score
The 68 will NOT have VIN numbers stamped on the body like the 69 and later cars.

It will have another number that will match the fender tag and broadcast sheet order number.

So did 68roadrunner.net merge with 69roadrunner.net? LOL:wave:

inri

Reaction score
Marrital troubles guys, I dont want to see the ol' girl go, so the car has to. I hate it, but it's the lesser of two pains.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. God willing everything works out well for you.

On a separate note, you will be kicked out of here the minute your car sells! :acme::gay:

moparmonk

Reaction score
Bummer Man! My divorce theory was this! Buy another Road Runner! If you have 2, and you lose 1/2 of everything, you will still have atleast 1 left. Sorry man, just a little humor to try and help. Been there too and the grass is green somewhere if you keep digging. Best of luck to you. keep hanging on the site and we'll help ya.

inri

Reaction score
I should talk , the Charger will go ounce she's done . I'm afraid we're a one mopar family .

Bummer man. But hopefully it goes to the right person.
And with one Mopar you can concentrate all your time and moolah on it!

Back