• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Body stamps

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Newer Mustangs ! :puke:

A wise man once said "That which we do not understand we mock."

One of the defining characteristics of this site was that it was always a collection of genuine car guys. Most of the guys own or have owned more than one make of vehicle, and while what brought everyone together was an affinity for '69 Road Runners, there was always an underlying acceptance if not appreciation for the other makes and models that each of us owned. I guess that notion too is now under siege from our newer membership.

inri

Reaction score

One of the defining characteristics of this site was that it was always a collection of genuine car guys. Most of the guys own or have owned more than one make of vehicle, and while what brought everyone together was an affinity for '69 Road Runners, there was always an underlying acceptance if not appreciation for the other makes and models that each of us owned. I guess that notion too is now under siege from our newer membership.

A12,

On a serious note you've been a bit too sensitive lately. Relax, don't let the cigar smoke bother you. It's all in good fun.

If you would prefer a newer member like myself to not reply to your comments in a banter like manner just let me know. All is well on my end :)

69383RR

Reaction score

Nothing or no one is under siege here .like what's his name said , its all in good fun . I have heard some less then flattering things said about the Plymouth by ford owners but I never take it seriously .

Last edited:

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Newer Mustangs = Dime a Dozen! :)

One could say the same about opinions. I need something that can still be fun but not be impractical. My wife likes the new mustangs, and I must say that I too think that Ford is doing something right these days. What i'd like is to be able to trade to a vehicle that can be used year round, reliably and maybe put a little cash back in the bank account. I love my RR but it's a money hungry beast, thats sucking me dry and one of only a few disposable assets that I have.

69383RR

Reaction score
Makes good sense to me . I personally have no feelings for the mustang , good , bad , or otherwise and of course you are always welcome here even if you no longer own a rr . Good luck with your plans and don't be a stranger .

Last edited:

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
am in negotiations with a guy to trade to a 70 dart, completed car with ac, power steering and a freshly rebuilt 360 with automatic. plus hes offering 9000 boot. it has a few rust problems at the seam where the roof meets the quarter. But would be an easy fix, and I could drive it any day of the week, cause it isn't all that valuable, and everything works. Its no Road Runner but its as close as I can get in a non B Body. Only problem, it's butterscotch yellow and I hate that color.
Once I fix the issues at the seams, it needs a new vinyl top and then its ready to play in.

Last edited:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score

Ray,

Could not have said it any better then that!!:yesnod: :thumbsup:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Ray,

Could not have said it any better then that!!:yesnod: :thumbsup:

Have to agree with both of you, I have owned several other types and brands (Dodge, Chevy, Pontiac and Fords). You have to appreciate all because this is a hobby. I mainly like the MOPARS because they are easier to work on and the engineering of the parts are better and last.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Looks to be in good shape. What is that dark spot over the drivers door? Is it a rust spot or tear in a vinyl roof?

69383RR

Reaction score
Looks good , I see what you mean about the color . :shame: put a little lipstick on her and she'll be fine . :drool:

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not too bad. It's not a runner, but if you like it, plus the $$ will help.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Looks to be in good shape. What is that dark spot over the drivers door? Is it a rust spot or tear in a vinyl roof?

It's surface rust. The vinyl has been torn off due to some bubbling at the seam where the roof meets the quarter. Should be an easy fix, and a new vinyl roof would be cheap enough. Theres also a small spot on the quarter in front of the bumper that would need fixed. but a patch panel should do the trick. He does his own body and paint work, If we make the trade he's gonna do the repairs, and respray it, I'm thinking either black or b-5. He did say it was a '71, that was my misquote.

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
The frame rails are solid, one fender has some dings, but not too bad. the interior is a little dirty but in overall good shape. I figure it would be worth around 5000 - 6000 with the body work and paint done. image[1].jpgimage[6].jpgimage[3].jpgimage[2].jpg

image[1].jpg

image[6].jpg

image[3].jpg

image[2].jpg

69383RR

Reaction score
Nice , very nice . Please continue posting " with pictures of course" any refurbishing you do in the future , and maybe you can tell the guy who is getting your RR to join this forum so we can all see how it turns out .
go with black , definitely black .

Last edited:
Back