• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Release handle

CWR

Reaction score
I have a very simple question. I want to redo the brake release T-handle. Does it screw off from the metal rod. I've tried but don't want to break it.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think they come off, I would fix it up where it is. I could be wrong however but I would leave it where it is.

mcmopar

Reaction score
The handle is being reproduced and is available. Year One has them - part no. BF622 @ $25.99. I replaced mine about 2 years ago. There is a small screw you have to remove which holds the handle on. Its got an allen head on it and is very small. You must remove it completely to get the handle off. Be careful because the rod it is attached to has a hole drilled in it and if you get too rough you could break the rod end off.

Collin

Reaction score
My current brake release handle has NO words on it...the year one part has the BRAKE RELEASE stamped into it. Did mine just fade with the years or is it not correct?

CWR

Reaction score
Are the words "Brake Release" in white?. I have an extra fine paint pen but I think it is still too large for the letter indents. I'll look for the small screw........Its older age and failing eyesight

CWR

Reaction score
Thanks.............found the allen screw............but may order one

mac

What ?
Reaction score
if the recesses for the words are in good shape, take a white crayon and rub the "wax" into the words and then polish it off with a soft cloth. :thumbsup:

CWR

Reaction score
Mac...............you are not just another pretty face!!!!! Good advice

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mac said:
if the recesses for the words are in good shape, take a white crayon and rub the "wax" into the words and then polish it off with a soft cloth. :thumbsup:
Thats ok in cool country :lol:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mac said:
Thats ok in cool country :lol:

no matter where i am.....that's cool country. :rolleyes: :lol:

CWR

Reaction score
I did the white crayon afew timesand wiped excess off...........excellent result. I will post pictures

CWR

Reaction score
Here are 3 pics of handle. Note that they are closeups.showing imperfections...........but from drivers seat it looks good. I used the white crayon method. I may redo as this was first try The bottom pic is the before

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say that came out pretty good considering your starting point! That baby had some serious pitting...

:thumbsup:

Back