• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake Release handle

CWR

Reaction score
All the thanks go to Mac!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

jays69bird

Reaction score
I wish some on would repop the little insert that hols the spring in place,my brake release you have to manually push back in it doesn't snap back.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
I wish some on would repop the little insert that hols the spring in place,my brake release you have to manually push back in it doesn't snap back.

I need one of those too.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
jays69bird said:

I need one of those too.

Yep. Me three...

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":3gg47kca]
jays69bird said:

I need one of those too.

Yep. Me three...[/quote:3gg47kca]
Mine does the same thing, but I've never looked at it to see why. This could be the problem. Add me to the list.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Tell me where this is, so I can look at mine and see if it's something I can make.......

If you pull the handle out there is a coil spring on the shaft that pulls the handle back. Where that handle shaft goes through the bracket there is a nylon retainer that keeps the spring from pushing through the bracket.

I'll see if I can find a pic.

I think the original is nylon, but if it were me I would make new ones from UHMW.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i was missing that piece also and i think i made something work. best as i can describe it is a plastic push in wire protector. found the right diameter and is had 3 or 4 locking tabs and i slit it length wise and slid it on the brake release rod and into the hole. i'll try to find a pic for reference.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
here is the pic of the piece i used. it is described as a nylon hole plug. i drilled a hole for the brake release rod and slit it length wise to slide over the rod and then into the hole on the bracket.
IMG_1766.jpg

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":gja28wp0]Tell me where this is, so I can look at mine and see if it's something I can make.......

If you pull the handle out there is a coil spring on the shaft that pulls the handle back. Where that handle shaft goes through the bracket there is a nylon retainer that keeps the spring from pushing through the bracket.

I'll see if I can find a pic.

I think the original is nylon, but if it were me I would make new ones from UHMW.[/quote:gja28wp0]
I'll take a look at mine this weekend. I'll keep you posted. If I make them who wants what? I need to know how many to make.

Back