• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Build date

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
How would I go about figuring out the build date of my car? I thouht this one was a Jan build but I can't recall why I think that. The seat doesn't have headrests so that would point to an early build car...

It has the fender tag but no sheet.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Next tiem I get around the garage I will rub the tag onto paper and maybe we can figure it out. Wish I had done it yesterday.

Might be a month before I get back there. :brickwall:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
On my car the date is on the bottom line of the fender tag towards the right side. It reads like this: RM21 E63 D32 (527) 236165
Build
date

Hope this helps

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is on the fender tag - but that isn't the gospel. For instance, all of the A12 cars have build dates of either 3-29 or 4-26. However, they were built in batches that ran from March to June. My car has a 4-26 build date but was more likely built on one of the first days of June (based on the VIN sequencing I have found on the A12 website). I have never done the research on the 383 cars, but if they are the same as the A12s then the date stamped on the K-Member (assuming your car has its original K-Member) will likely be the actual build date or within a day or two of it.

ACME

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
It is on the fender tag - but that isn't the gospel. For instance, all of the A12 cars have build dates of either 3-29 or 4-26. However, they were built in batches that ran from March to June. My car has a 4-26 build date but was more like built on one of the first days of June (based on the VIN sequencing I have found on the A12 website). I have never done the research on the 383 cars, but if they are the same as the A12s then the date stamped on the K-Member (assuming your car has its original K-Member) will likely be the actual build date or within a day or two of it.

ACME
Ray, where is the location of the stamp on the k-member?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
It is on the fender tag - but that isn't the gospel. For instance, all of the A12 cars have build dates of either 3-29 or 4-26. However, they were built in batches that ran from March to June. My car has a 4-26 build date but was more like built on one of the first days of June (based on the VIN sequencing I have found on the A12 website). I have never done the research on the 383 cars, but if they are the same as the A12s then the date stamped on the K-Member (assuming your car has its original K-Member) will likely be the actual build date or within a day or two of it.

ACME
Ray, where is the location of the stamp on the k-member?

Let me see if I can rustle up a pic for you...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
me too. I've never heard anything about a date on the K member.

dobie

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
On my car the date is on the bottom line of the fender tag towards the right side. It reads like this: RM21 E63 D32 (527) 236165
Build
date

Hope this helps

Holy crap!! My build date is 5-27 too!! One year apart. Mine's a Lynch Road car. That's funny how your car is F5, and I'm painting mine F5 too!!

:cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
dobie said:
Roadcuda said:
Build
date

Hope this helps

Holy crap!! My build date is 5-27 too!! One year apart. Mine's a Lynch Road car. That's funny how your car is F5, and I'm painting mine F5 too!!

Ok, this is getting weird. We have the same name, our cars are build on the same day of the month, at the same plant, the same color. Have to ask now. How to you spell your name "phen" or "even?"

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
dobie said:
Roadcuda said:
Build
date

Hope this helps

Ok, this is getting weird. We have the same name, our cars are build on the same day of the month, at the same plant, the same color. Have to ask now. How to you spell your name "phen" or "even?"

yeah, but do you like :lock: ? :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
must be a green thing, my middle name is Steve
OK, now that we got this wierd factor going, my middle name is John, I'm a (big) guy, and my Dakota is Patriot Blue! :eek:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
It is on the fender tag - but that isn't the gospel. For instance, all of the A12 cars have build dates of either 3-29 or 4-26. However, they were built in batches that ran from March to June. My car has a 4-26 build date but was more likely built on one of the first days of June (based on the VIN sequencing I have found on the A12 website). I have never done the research on the 383 cars, but if they are the same as the A12s then the date stamped on the K-Member (assuming your car has its original K-Member) will likely be the actual build date or within a day or two of it.

ACME

Well, this afternoon I put Bambi up on the lift. Tomorrow I'm yanking the tranny. Brewers Performance has made me a flywheel to properly mate my '70 440-6 big rod engine (external balance) to the '69 cast iron bellhousing and 11" clutch set-up - a combination the factory never offered. This is just temporary until I do the full resto and put the date code correct 1969 engine in that I am currently building. Anyway, I seized the opportunity to scrape the crud off of her K-Member. 1559 2. 155th day of 1969, second shift. That would be June 4, 1969. So she was probably built some where around the 5th or 6th of June... Seems my hunch based on VIN sequencing was pretty close...

I also grabbed some Scotbright and rubbed on the tranny stamp. Matches the VIN just like Tem (the PO) told me it did. Now if only that damned original matching number block would just show up on my doorstep unannounced... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

Back