• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bulkhead connector

KS69RdRnnr

Procrastinator V8
Reaction score
Anyone know a good place to find a replacement bulkhead connector for my wiring harness at the firewall? One of the connector ports has melted back at some point, wanting to see if anyone sells just the 3-plug plate that goes in the firewall hole? Thanks!

Robin :grouphug:

Moparnut

Reaction score
Try buying a used dash harness off ebay, you might find one with a few cut wires fairly cheap and get what you need.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Yep, I found mine on e-bay after the same thing happened to me. The ammeter contacts through the bulkhead are the main culprit. I drilled out those two contacts on both sides and ran 10 gauge wire straight to the ammeter leaving about 6 inches extra under the dash so I could unplug it. I used black RTV in the two holes on the plug/engine side to hold them in place. No one can see that there are no contacts in there. I also changed all the contacts, male and female with better ones crimping and soldering them. Napa #725145 and #725147. Then dielectric grease. There are a lot of upgrades people do for the bulkhead, change ammeter to voltmeter, headlight relays, etc. It is all over the web. Mad electrical is one place. I wanted to keep the ammeter instead of changing it to a voltmeter. RTE even will improve the internal connections of the ammeter because this can be a weak (high resistance) spot also. If you know a little about electronics, you can do this yourself.
http://rt-eng.com/mediawiki/index.php/D ... mmeter_Fix

BahamaA12RR

Reaction score
Do a google search, I think someone is reproducing the bulkhead connector.

Back