• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buried in a garage 69.5

jburt

Reaction score
IMG_1202.jpgIMG_1203.jpgIMG_1204.jpgIMG_1206.jpg
Took almost 3 years to get this guy to sell. Real A12. Build sheet,fendertag,#s matching. Complete,solid no rust from VA. Runs but needs carbs rebuilt and paint.

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

jburt

Reaction score
Thanks. stick with a bench. was r4. not sure what happened with that primer job. gonna have to repaint it r4 again. tried seeing if i could get that primer off but nothing will work. was told it was just shot over the original paint.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
The VW guys removed layers of paint, mostly with good results. Not sure how they do it though. Have some fun with it before you get the paint redone and have to worry about scratches and chips.

quikbird

Reaction score
nice looking bird. now drive it for a bit and enjoy before starting that tedious job of sanding sanding sanding

jburt

Reaction score
IMG_1218.jpg
thanks. went through the carbs today. back carb had stripped threads in the bowl for the needle and seat. only holley sells them,so had to order it. front carb didnt have the float spring in the hole on the float arm causing it to be jammed upwards. carbs hadnt seen fuel in a long time. center carb had a shoe leather accelerator pump that didnt move. the guy i got it from said it leaked fuel last time he ran it. i will get her up and running in a few days hopefully.

IMG_1218.jpg

Smokngun

Reaction score
Do what you can to just remove the primer from over the paint. Nothing better than an unrestored survivor. What a time capsule!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
been rather "interesting" if Uncle George was asked that question..........

Back