• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buried in a garage 69.5

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
maybe maybe not. This site was a '69 only site for a long time before Joey took it over. It was small, but most of the regulars got to meet face to face several times. As a result we got to be able to read each other, and basically we could tell each other to go F off and we would all know it was just good fun. When Joey took the site over, we got many new members. I'd dare to say 90% were one post and done, or only joined to list a for sale ad. Of the other 10%, some jumped in on the fun, but being new to the site and us regulars, sometimes the messages came across wrong.

pro-streeter

Reaction score
That is awesome. I am looking for my Dads that went to Canada in the early 80's. I hope to see many more posts on your car. I love A12's

Steve

Reaction score
Sure is cliquey here.

You couldn't be more wrong.I've been a member on here for many years and have always been made to feel welcome from day one.Being a Limey on a predominantly American forum maybe I could have experienced some but I've had none.I've never met any of the guys on here face to face but a lot I now regard as genuine friends.It's just that,mentioning no names,some people don't help themselves with the things they post on here.

Very cool find BTW :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
.I've never met any of the guys on here face to face

and we've been pretty lucky with this so far there Limey......:acme::acme::acme::jester:

jburt

Reaction score
Everyone on this forum has been great to me. I was able to get a good deal on this car, for alot less than its worth the way it sits. The owner was aware of it, although he was also aware he wasnt gonna ever put it back to the way it should be. He knows this car inside out. It wasnt a fire sale and he knows that. He didnt move it for $2000.00 although it didnt cost $20,000.00.

quikbird

Reaction score
Dave, I swear you must be getting senile these days. We met just a couple months ago. Guess I just made such a memorable impression. :haha::haha:

moparchris

Reaction score
Everyone on this forum has been great to me. I was able to get a good deal on this car, for alot less than its worth the way it sits. The owner was aware of it, although he was also aware he wasnt gonna ever put it back to the way it should be. He knows this car inside out. It wasnt a fire sale and he knows that. He didnt move it for $2000.00 although it didnt cost $20,000.00.

Good for you. I love it when a genuine enthusiast gets a great deal on a car and you know it will get the best care.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave, I swear you must be getting senile these days. We met just a couple months ago. Guess I just made such a memorable impression. :haha::haha:

He was trying to quote Steve and rather than just leave well enough alone he edited out all of the quotation marks and made it all goofy. Two things he has always been known for on this site: Crappy, out of focus pictures and botching a perfectly good quote by another poster. Then he went and got a decent camera so all we have now is him butchering quotes... :basketcase:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
He was trying to quote Steve and rather than just leave well enough alone he edited out all of the quotation marks and made it all goofy. Two things he has always been known for on this site: Crappy, out of focus pictures and botching a perfectly good quote by another poster. Then he went and got a decent camera so all we have now is him butchering quotes... :basketcase:

:jester:
:yeathat:

jburt

Reaction score
got the carb bowl today from holley. changed the plugs. pushed it outside in case of a bonfire. primed it and it fired up. ran better as it warmed up.drove around the neighborhood but theres a freeze plug leaking on the rear of the engine. no biggie.

A12

Reaction score
Quote Originally Posted by inri View Post

What did the A12 "Score" set you back?

In what universe is that an appropriate question?

What's an A12 btw................:confused::jester:

Back