• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a Non-Airgrabber Hood Be Retrofit?

RonLiv

Reaction score
You need a new switch to go with that wiper motor. It just keeps giving LOL
There is also this small clip that took me months to find. 3 speed motors seem to be more available now but I had a hell of a time finding just that. It wasn't fun

RonLiv

Reaction score
You could notch the rear of the air grabber base plate to miss the 2 speed wiper motor.
I don't know. I've never seen that done and wonder if you'd be into the actual filter. It's pretty tight even with the 3 speed motor. Maybe though.

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Yes, you just need all the components, and a three speed wiper motor with switch, and the plastic bushing for the arms for the motor too.

you can cut the base to fit with a two speed motor but the airgrabber seal would still hit the motor, and the base wouldn’t be sealed to benefit from the cold outside air as the cut portion could/would suck air from the hot engine bay because of the notch cut in it. Attached is an example of a base that was cut so you can better see what I’m taking about.

and yes, the 383 and 440 bases are different heights. Choose accordingly.

it’s a costly endeavour

6DCA0EFC-1377-476C-B871-70B876DD6799.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That settles that Idea. First I will get this car put back together then much latter think of this. Dose sound like a lot of work and money. I mean I need a new wiring harness and a long list of thing's to buy. Thousands of dollars left to spend. Still need to open the motor and look at what it look's like. Also what it might need. Like all the info hope this helps Dan out. Russ. :(

Dan Kiewicz

Reaction score
That settles that Idea. First I will get this car put back together then much latter think of this. Dose sound like a lot of work and money. I mean I need a new wiring harness and a long list of thing's to buy. Thousands of dollars left to spend. Still need to open the motor and look at what it look's like. Also what it might need. Like all the info hope this helps Dan out. Russ. :(

Yes thank all who have chimed in. It is costly, but I didn't drop all these dollars because I didn't think I'd spend anymore!!! LOL!!! It'll definitely be something I'm going to do it's just when I will do it. Thanks again...

Back