• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can the ride height be adjusted up on the front?

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Mine sits too low in the front. I'm gonna look up factory ride height

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Look into the section here in the service manual. I went with 25 and half inch from floor to center of wheel well opening. I still think the K member is sitting too low on my car. My buddy here said his adjuster bolts for the torsion bar's where an inch from top to bolt to adjuster. I still have bolt length left on mine and going to adjust to that speck he said his was at. Wish I had measured mine before taking it apart. In the service manual it show's height adjustment from the linkage.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
You can tighten the torsion bars but it will change the alignment some.

Do I
Look into the section here in the service manual. I went with 25 and half inch from floor to center of wheel well opening. I still think the K member is sitting too low on my car. My buddy here said his adjuster bolts for the torsion bar's where an inch from top to bolt to adjuster. I still have bolt length left on mine and going to adjust to that speck he said his was at. Wish I had measured mine before taking it apart. In the service manual it show's height adjustment from the linkage.

Mine is 23 to top of the fender opening in the front. If I could just get it to 25 it would sit nice.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The service manual gives you the measurments and where to check them under the car.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
How much adjuster bolt do you have left. Crank them up till you get that 25 inch height. Think you will see that one inch of the bolt left would be good. The K member will sit about 6 and 3/4 to 7 inches off the floor. I thought that was low but every one say's that is about right. So if you look into the service manual you will see they show measurements off the blots from tire rod's to the lower control arm bolt's. One person here got 25 and half inch to his wheel well that is the center of wheel well. Crank them up and give the front a push down a few time's and then check height.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
How much adjuster bolt do you have left. Crank them up till you get that 25 inch height. Think you will see that one inch of the bolt left would be good. The K member will sit about 6 and 3/4 to 7 inches off the floor. I thought that was low but every one say's that is about right. So if you look into the service manual you will see they show measurements off the blots from tire rod's to the lower control arm bolt's. One person here got 25 and half inch to his wheel well that is the center of wheel well. Crank them up and give the front a push down a few time's and then check height.

I will check after work this evening. I have new shocks to install.

woodwiz

Reaction score
My 70 front height to the center of the fender lip is 26 3/8" really would'nt want it any lower..for me!
Rear height is 23-3/4" to center of fender lip as well.There's a difference front to back but mine sit about 1-2" low in the rear but overall on level ground it's right. The lifting of the back would entail recurving the leaf's or try the airshock idea and not take it any higher than necessary to acheive the look and ride and when those crap out due in part to HOT! Arizona summers we would look at the recurve idea.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I never liked the idea of recurving spring's. Old spring's get worn out. Million's of bouncing on the springs. Air shock's can destroy the shock tower. So cheaper and better to replace to new spring's.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Mine must have been as old as the car. They where bent the opposite way than the way they were suppose to be. LOL. You will be happy with new spring's and will last you as long as you own the car for sure.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just one leaf spring. We always added more. Or got a set out of a pick up truck like a 3/4 ton. Are you trying to get better hook up for the tires.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Just one leaf spring. We always added more. Or got a set out of a pick up truck like a 3/4 ton. Are you trying to get better hook up for the tires.

Ive seen some single leaf setups, the leaf itself is thicker than any leaf in a standard setup, especially through the middle section. Supposed to save some weight without sacrificing spring rate.

TOMRR

Reaction score
I went with 25.5 inches from center of fender to floor and then a good front end alinement !! I have the hemi leaf springs60670831_2172037349528694_8125376145987207168_n.jpg in rear. the rake seems good to me

Back