• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you read this Fender Tag?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Mac here is what I came up with. I have not seen this in person but in the 1970 service manual it explains the new fender tag from Lynch rd which we know came out in 69. On page 179 of sec 23 body it shows roof then body!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Years ago, there was a B5 car around here with a black painted roof. I always thought it looked really sharp.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
Years ago, there was a B5 car around here with a black painted roof. I always thought it looked really sharp.
Did they use the vinyl trim to seperate the 2 colors? :huh:

Big John

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="Big John":2n9k8slv]Years ago, there was a B5 car around here with a black painted roof. I always thought it looked really sharp.
Did they use the vinyl trim to seperate the 2 colors? :huh:[/quote:2n9k8slv]

Yes! Just like a vinyl top car... without the vinyl.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":363dl101][quote="Big John":363dl101]Years ago, there was a B5 car around here with a black painted roof. I always thought it looked really sharp.
Did they use the vinyl trim to seperate the 2 colors? :huh:[/quote:363dl101]

Yes! Just like a vinyl top car... without the vinyl.[/quote:363dl101]

From '66 to '69 our family car was a '66 Galaxy 500XL with a High-Perf 390 and a 4-speed. My mom's car. Dark (Midnight?) Blue with a White painted top. SHARP car. I always like painted top cars after growing up with that one. Ran pretty well for a land yacht with 3.25 gears too. When my dad traded it in back in '69 the two final choices for a new car were a '69 383 4-spd Road Runner (his heart's choice) or a '69 Falcon 4-door (200 six & 3-on-the-tree - the economical, common sense choice for his growing family). Unfortunately, common sense won that debate... :blah:

:jester:

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
From '66 to '69 our family car was a '66 Galaxy 500XL with a High-Perf 390 and a 4-speed. My mom's car. Dark (Midnight?) Blue with a White painted top. SHARP car. I always like painted top cars after growing up with that one. Ran pretty well for a land yacht with 3.25 gears too. When my dad traded it in back in '69 the two final choices for a new car were a '69 383 4-spd Road Runner (his heart's choice) or a '69 Falcon 4-door (200 six & 3-on-the-tree - the economical, common sense choice for his growing family). Unfortunately, common sense won that debate... :blah:

I hate common sense.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2t4rtzr2][quote="Big John":2t4rtzr2]Years ago, there was a B5 car around here with a black painted roof. I always thought it looked really sharp.
Did they use the vinyl trim to seperate the 2 colors? :huh:[/quote:2t4rtzr2]

Yes! Just like a vinyl top car... without the vinyl.[/quote:2t4rtzr2]

my first '69 was R4 with the black painted roof. had a very tired '69 440HP,coloumn auto,3.91sg. Coyote Duster. shoulda kept that one..... :brickwall:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
my first '69 was R4 with the black painted roof. had a very tired '69 440HP,coloumn auto,3.91sg. Coyote Duster. shoulda kept that one..... :brickwall:

Dave, I can tell you honestly that I have looked at this post a half a dozen times...and I have come up with a half a dozen humorous responses...but since you closed it with poor smiley guy bangin' his head up against the brick wall...I just cannot bring myself to do it... :leave:

Can't kick a man while he's down...probably going to have to resign my post as 2nd in Command over at Team Blue over this one...we'll just have to wait and see what the Boss Man with the big, black valve covers says... :lol:

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

Dave, I can tell you honestly that I have looked at this post a half a dozen times...and I have come up with a half a dozen humorous responses...but since you closed it with poor smiley guy bangin' his head up against the brick wall...I just cannot bring myself to do it... :leave:

Can't kick a man while he's down...probably going to have to resign my post as 2nd in Command over at Team Blue over this one...we'll just have to wait and see what the Boss Man with the big, black valve covers says... :lol:

ACME
Your getting soft on me, I'm watching you :toetap:

Back