• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car Pics

V269

Reaction score
Took the time to snap a few new pics yesterday while the weather was nice. Hope you like.

th_carpics7.jpg

th_carpics6.jpg

th_carpics5.jpg

th_carpics4.jpg

th_carpics3.jpg

th_carpics1.jpg

V269

Reaction score
Thank's again guy's. Also thank's for not mentioning the in-correct hood strips. :facepalm: I'm still trying to get the guy who painted the car to correct them. When I give him the blueprints for the stripes he took the measurements from the inside out of the fender instead of taking it from the outside in and that is why they are too narrow. Hope to have it right for next year. I am actually thinking that now that I have seen the stripes done shinny I may have them painted flat next time. Just a little concerned about cleaning them without making them look chaulky. :thumbsup:
Ken.

Jim S.

Reaction score
V269 said:
Thank's again guy's. Also thank's for not mentioning the in-correct hood strips. :facepalm: I'm still trying to get the guy who painted the car to correct them. When I give him the blueprints for the stripes he took the measurements from the inside out of the fender instead of taking it from the outside in and that is why they are too narrow. Hope to have it right for next year. I am actually thinking that now that I have seen the stripes done shinny I may have them painted flat next time. Just a little concerned about cleaning them without making them look chaulky. :thumbsup:
Ken.
If you go that route with the hood stripes, I would suggest PPG DCC9355 urethane instead of lacquer or flat clear. The Urethane is tuff as nails and I clean them with vinegar and distilled water 50/50 and have never created a shiny or chalky spot. Maybe you have already seen these old topics.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1753
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2474

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ken are you going to bring that bad ass down here this year, or are you coming at all?

V269

Reaction score
Hey Jim, yea I have seen the topics on hood paint and thank's for reminding me. I may just go this direction as the rest of the car is done with PPG 3.8 Urathane and I really like the toughness of it. :thumbsup:

Bob, I don't think we are going to make it down your way this year. Our daughter is in collage now and it has been an expensive year for us. Our friends are going though. And I doubt very much if I would bring the car either unless I could fit it in the cargo hole of the airplane. :lmao: If I drove it I'd have to take a few more days off. Would be a cool trip though wouldn't it. :drive:

Back