• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car won't start............ugh

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
OHMed everything out like the popular mechanics magazine showed........everything checked good except the ground on the module........it is on bare metal so I took it off and sanded both surfaces and now it runs and starts great............ :banana:

P.S. John, I bought a copy of the popular mechanics on eBay. If you want I'll scan and post it. The google one will not print, copy or anything.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
OHMed everything out like the popular mechanics magazine showed........everything checked good except the ground on the module........it is on bare metal so I took it off and sanded both surfaces and now it runs and starts great............ :banana:

P.S. John, I bought a copy of the popular mechanics on eBay. If you want I'll scan and post it. The google one will not print, copy or anything.

Yes!! Please do!

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:

grounds do it every time :jester: :jester: biter washers a great for that

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:

Doesn't seem to do any good when you get grounded Stuie :toetap: :D

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:

Doesn't seem to do any good when you get grounded Stuie :toetap: :D
not again what did i do this time dad ????

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Went out, car wouldn't start........changed to blue box, car started fine but ran like crap.........put orange box back on and runs fine again.......... :brickwall: :brickwall: I'm gonna put star washers under module...........

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Went out, car wouldn't start........changed to blue box, car started fine but ran like crap.........put orange box back on and runs fine again.......... :brickwall: :brickwall: I'm gonna put star washers under module...........
great idea :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Run a ground strap from the engine to the box.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
John, got the magazine today and someone had cut out the pages on the Chrysler article...... :brickwall: :brickwall: I'll have to keep looking.......... :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
John, got the other magazine and the article is in it....I'll scan and post.....Also ran a wire from under the control module to the alternator (ground) and so far has fired up without any issues...... :thumbsup:

Back