• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED Carb for 68 383

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonLiv

Reaction score
I have a rebuilt/restored Carter 4616AVS sitting in my basement. It is for a 1969 Non-HP 383.
I also have a rebuilt/restored 20180310_080104[1][1].jpg 4682AVS Carter for the 1969 383HP, but I'm keeping that one around.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The Holly I have on my 383 is a 650 carb and it runs fine after a rebuilt kit as well as new float's. That is before putting it into the shop for restoration. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
No John hope to use it in at least a year. It had nitrate filled floats by running gasohol in it back in the day the coating was gone so they did not float any more. The carb keep flooding out. Floats only cost about 4.00 a pace or 6.00 don't remember. That fixed it. It has electric choke on it. It is a berry grant crab. It had no serial number on it. So it is a late 60s carb. Edelbrock carbs are a good one also. The carb I have is mechanical secondary. I see that Classic industries have them and their not that pricey. You can buy from Holley direct. Russ.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
No John hope to use it in at least a year. It had nitrate filled floats by running gasohol in it back in the day the coating was gone so they did not float any more. The carb keep flooding out. Floats only cost about 4.00 a pace or 6.00 don't remember. That fixed it. It has electric choke on it. It is a berry grant crab. It had no serial number on it. So it is a late 60s carb. Edelbrock carbs are a good one also. The carb I have is mechanical secondary. I see that Classic industries have them and their not that pricey. You can buy from Holley direct. Russ.
Oh I misunderstood I thought it was a factory 68 383 carburetor I just put a brand new Holley 600 polished carb on my car and it runs great with electric choke!!

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep I saw it looks really good. I have a Holley in take and thought they put them on some mopar cars back in the day but guess not. Think that it breaths better than stock. We put mid high rise on our drag car's for more power. Well take care and have fun enjoy talking with ya. Russ.

mr4speed

Reaction score
I believe the 68s carters AVS4426s were around 630cfm a dame fine carb, race with it 9 years never had a problem.:thumbsup:

IMG.jpg

mr4speed

Reaction score
I believe all 68 383s rr were carter AVS 4426S 630 cfm dame fine carb never had any problems raced with for 10 years :thumbsup:

IMG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back